85. three simple words

I felt my whole body tense up as the words left Bellamy's mouth. They were words I have always wanted to hear, but had convinced myself I never would. So, hearing them come from Bellamy Blake made my heart skip a beat and my stomach immediately twist in nervous knots.

I wanted to say it back right away, but something held me back. I loved him too, I knew that and I had for a while, but something about saying it out loud scared me. It was like I was afraid of being too vulnerable, of letting myself get hurt.

But despite all of my fears, another voice filled my thoughts, Finn.

"Let him love you okay? Don't push him away."

The day he had died, my brother had told me to let Bellamy love me, to let him be there for me. I had brushed off what he said at the time, believing that I would always have Finn and that having him would be enough.

But now he was gone, and Bellamy was here, like he had been since we got down to Earth. Without Bellamy it would be likely that I wouldn't be here, he had saved me in more ways than one, several times.

So, with Finn's words resounding in my head, I looked up at Bellamy, giving him one of the few real smiles I was able to muster these days, "I love you too." I whispered.

A smile covered Bellamy's faced as he pulled me into his chest, "We're going to be okay, Aves." he whispered.

And I sure hoped he was right. We may have saved our people from Mount Weather, but I knew there was still more to come for us. Earth had truly sent us through the wringer, and I was kind of terrified to see what it had for us next.

-an-

okay very very short chapter just to fully finish up season 2 and to start getting us ready for season 3...i am nervous hehehe

-maddy xoxo