90. forgiven

I was almost back to my room, the anger from my conversation with Jasper not yet subsided, when someone called my name

I stopped abruptly, turning to see Octavia running toward me.

"I don't want to talk right now, Tav." I muttered, beginning to turn back toward where I was headed.

Octavia grabbed my arm, not allowing me to move any further. She let out a ragged breath as she pointed back towards the med ward, "Abby needs you."

By the look on my best friend's face, I could tell something was wrong. "What's going on?" I asked, already beginning to follow her back down the hall.

"It's Nyko." she explained, her eyes full of worry, "He was attacked by Ice Nation and the only way Abby can save him is by taking him to Mount Weather. She wants you to come."

I looked over at her, quickening my pace, "Mount Weather? I thought we weren't-"

Octavia nodded, "He needs a blood transfusion, RH Null, and apparently no one here has it. It's our only option."

A shaky sigh escaped my lips as I quickened my pace, the thought of going back to Mount Weather sending a shiver down my spine. I hadn't been back since the day of our attack, and I wasn't sure I was prepared for the demons those walls held.

Octavia noticed my discomfort and reached out to squeeze my hand as we arrived at the med ward, "It'll be okay, Aves. There's nothing there that can hurt you now."

I looked over at her, forcing a smile onto my face as I nodded, "I'm ready."

---

My eyes found themselves travelling throughout the back of the Rover, landing on Jackson, and Abby before finally settling on Jasper. I watched as his body bobbed around with every bump that Lincoln hit, his eyes closed and his head tilted back.

I kept my eyes locked on him, yearning to see a piece of the boy I once knew, but there was nothing left.

"We're almost there!" Octavia yelled from the front, causing me to rip my eyes away from Jasper and instead focus on Nyko. His breathing was becoming heavy, his wound continuing to bleed. I was worried he wouldn't make it into the mountain.

Luckily, the Rover came to an abrupt stop, signalling that we had arrived. No one said anything as we all jumped into action, rushing to get Nyko into the Mount Weather hospital. I gave directions as we wheeled the gurney through the corridors, each turn sent memories flashing through the head. I pushed them out, deciding now was not the time to focus on the past.

The minute we had Nyko set up in one of the beds, it was time to try to save his life.

"I'll get the blood!" I announced, my voice rushed as I began making my way through the medical wing, ignoring the shiver that ran through my body as I began searching for the bags of blood, the same ones taken from the Grounders by the Mountain Men.