121. ice nation king

The cool metal of the Rover pressed against my back as I leaned up against it, watching as Clarke paced back and forth across the snow covered ground.

After leaving the beach, we had returned to the Rover, driving it into an open field to allow for it to charge up. Our next task at hand was deciding where we went next.

"Rover's almost charged." Bellamy announced jumping down from where he had been standing on the vehicle. "We need to pack up, we'll be home soon."

"Then what?" Clarke asked, finally ceasing her pacing. "Run away?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "We have no other options, Clarke." I argued, shifting in my position atop the hood of the vehicle.

Bellamy shot me a warning look before addressing Clarke. "We're not running away." he countered, "We need to regroup with the others, find another way to defeat her-"

"--There is no other way!" Clarke exclaimed. "We need to find another Nightblood. We need to unlock the Flame. It's the only way to stop ALIE."

"What do you expect us to do, Clarke?" Jasper questioned from where he sat beside me. "Walk into random villages asking for their Nightbloods?"

Clarke nodded, "If that's what it takes."

"We're not doing that." I announced, sliding off of the hood. "That's a disaster waiting to happen."

"Avery's right." Octavia agreed, "If ALIE can find us on Luna's rig, then she can find us anywhere. I won't help you destroy another  innocent Grounder village."

Clarke looked between Octavia and I, her face covered in a pleading look. "If we don't find another Nightblood, there won't be any Grounder villages. Or a home for us to go back to." 

"That's all the more reason we go there and make sure our friends are okay." Bellamy argued, his tone strict. 

Clarke bit down on her lip, looking to the remaining three of us, clearly hoping one of us was going to take her side. 

When he eyes landed on me, I gave her a small shake of my head. 

Clarke was usually right, but in this case I really could not get on board with her plan. There was no way I was just going to leave the rest of our friends in Arkadia.

When she finally realized no one was going to agree with her, Clarke stalked off toward the forest without so much as another word to the rest of us. 

 Bellamy let out an angry sigh as he watched her go. Meanwhile Octavia and I shared defeated looks. 

"She'll be fine." Jasper promised, "Just let her cool off."

And so that's exactly what we did. 

Octavia and I grabbed the remaining bags, loading them into the back of the Rover. 

And then we waited, and waited and waited. 

And after close to fifteen minutes with no sign of Clarke, Bellamy threw open the door of the Rover. 

"Where are you going?" I questioned, sitting up in the passenger seat.

Bellamy checked the clip in his gun before addressing me. "To look for her. This is ridiculous."

"Well then I'm coming with you." I announced, already beginning to follow him out of the Rover. 

Bellamy let out a sigh as he shook his head. "Avery, no." he argued, turning to face me as I rounded his side of the Rover. "Just stay here, please."