41. war

And so, the plan was set. We would draw the Grounders in close to the drop ship and then use the remaining rocket fuel to essentially blast off, "Barbecued Grounders" as Bellamy had called it.

Soon after the plan was set in place, Finn, Clarke and I were beneath the ship, looking through the endless wires for the ignition system. Raven was up above, working on something else as the 3 of us searched.

"Where the hell is it?" I grumbled, pushing my hair from my face as I searched among the hundreds of wires that ran through the underlying of the ship.

Clarke let out a breath as she shook her head, "Raven, we can't find the ignition system!" she yelled. After Raven didn't answer she called her name again, "Raven?"

When Raven finally responded her voice was full of fear, "I-I can't feel my legs."

My heart dropped as I exchanged looks with Clarke and Finn, "Hold on Raven, we're coming!" I called as the 3 of us rushed to the ladder. Clarke climbed up first, and then Finn. Once he reached the top he waited for me, grabbing me and pulling me up after him.

Clarke was instantly by Raven's side, "Let me see." she instructed.

Raven winced as she leaned forward so Clarke could get take a look at her back. I took a seat beside her, taking a hold of her hand as she let out a scream of pain.

As Clarke lifted up her shirt I resisted the urge to gasp. Large bruise like marks were present near the bottom of Raven's back, even I knew that that meant internal bleeding of some sort. Clarke's worried eyes met mine before shifting to Finn.

Raven let out what I assumed was supposed to be a laugh but sounded more like painful gasp, "That bad huh?"

Raven's grip tightened on my hand as Clarke sat her back up. Finn was watching Raven, a look of helplessness on his face.

"Raven," Clarke started, her voice low and regretful, "The blood is in your spine...you're bleeding internally."

We all had tears in our eyes as Raven nodded, "Guess we better get this done fast then. Get back down there." she ordered, plastering her best fake smile on her face.

Clarke was about to stand, but Finn shot his hand out to stop her, "What if we can stop the bleeding, would that help?" he suggested, causing me to look to him in confusion.

Clarke was equally as confused as me, "Well of course it would help. Can you tell me how to do that?"

Finn was eager, a new sense of hope coming with his suggestion, "The stuff the Grounders had, coagulant. You said Lincoln had some too."

"Yeah, it's in the box with the antidotes but I--"

"I'm betting there's more of it in his cave." Finn said, cutting Clarke off. I now saw where this was heading, he wanted to leave camp. "If I can get there-"

Raven cut in, "Wait a second. No." she said firmly, tears in her eyes.

"I can make it." Finn promised.

"I'll go with him." I added from beside Raven. She looked over at me with wide eyes, "No, no way are you both going. Clarke tell them they're being idiots." she pleaded, turning to Clarke who had a pained look on her face, "I won't let you die just to save me." Raven continued.

Finn's breathing was uneven, he was nervous, "Fine. If you won't let me save you, how about we save everybody else? You're the only one who can fire those rockets. If you die, we all die."

Raven didn't say anything, which was just as good as agreeing. With that, Finn stood up, "I'll be right back."

After giving Raven a quick hug, I followed after him, coming to a halt when he spun around to face me, "Avery-"