115. more goodbyes

This time when my eyes opened, it was because someone hand their hands cupping my face. Voices swirled around me as I slowly regained consciousness.

"Why isn't she waking up?" his voice was the closest to me, and it was panicked. Even without opening my eyes I knew it was Bellamy.

"Just give her some space." That was Clarke, "Her body has gone through a lot these past few days...it'll just take a minute."

The warmth of the hands on my face vanished as I felt Bellamy shift beside me.

Slowly, I forced myself to open my eyes. As I did, the light from up above caused me to wince, pain returning to my head.

"Thank God." It was Jasper who now sat closest to me, his face relieved.

Bellamy was now standing at the back of the group, his arms crossed against his chest as he watched me with careful eyes.

I was about to call out to him when Clarke blocked my line of sight. "Let's get you up." she advised, motioning for Miller to pull me up off the floor.

I gave her a lopsided grin as Miller helped me to my feet. "You did it." I breathed, both relieved and surprised that we were all still alive.

Clarke gave me a small smile as she nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't get you guys sooner."

"We're all alive." I announced, "That's all that matters."

Raven's face fell slightly. "Not all of us."

I felt my heart drop as I scanned the room, looking for our missing link...Sinclair.

My voice was shaky as I spoke. "What-"

"He was trying to protect me from Emerson." Raven explained, trying to keep a steady voice.

I nodded, pulling her into a quick hug. "I'm sorry." I whispered, knowing how much he meant to her.

She pulled away, giving me a forced smile. "We should get moving." she announced. "ALIE doesn't stop for anyone."

We all gave small mutterings in agreement before beginning to make our way back to the hangar bay. As we exited the airlock, my eyes fell on the body of Emerson, his eyes, nose, mouth and ears stained with blood. I wasn't sure what Clarke had done to kill him, but it didn't look pretty.

I walked next to Raven, my arm wrapped around her waist to provide support. I could tell she was in rough shape.

I could feel Bellamy's eyes on me as we walked. Part of me wanted to turn and through myself into him, but the other part still told me to take it slow. My head and my heart were being pulled in two completely different directions.

—-

Night had fallen as the group of us stood in the courtyard. A cool mist had settled in the air, sending a shiver down my spine.

I stood with Raven and Jasper, awaiting the return of Bellamy.

Our last objective before we left to find Luna was to burn our dead. Sinclair's body had already been lifted onto the wooden surface we would use for the burning. Lincoln's, on the other hand, needed to be retrieved from the morgue where it had been left.

I carefully watched Octavia as we waited. Her face looked conflicted, a mixture of pain and anger.

Soon enough, Bellamy emerged from within the Ark, a wrapped body in his arms. I felt my heart sink as I watched Octavia's reaction. She tried to be strong, but it was evident just how much she was hurting.