12. time limit

"Hurry." Bellamy prodded, as the two of us ran through the forest in search of finding Clarke, Charlotte and my brother. My initial plan had been to stay back at camp and ensure Murphy didn't go too haywire, but after he took off with a small group of people, I knew we needed to follow after them.

It was now dark and Bellamy and I had not come across any sign of Charlotte, nor Murphy's group.

Bellamy, for the most part, had been silent, aside from the odd order for me to follow him or 'hurry up.' I could tell he was beating himself up over the whole situation.

Stepping over a fallen tree, I spoke. "It's not your fault." I pointed out, causing him to turn his head to look at me.

He sighed before shaking his head, "I'm the one who told her to slay her demons." 

I paused, reaching out to grab his arm to stop him. "Bellamy, you didn't tell her to go and kill Wells. This is on her, not you."

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that what Bellamy said to Charlotte would have prompted her to murder someone. Most people wouldn't have thought that...but apparently she had a twisted mind of her own. 

"She's just a kid." he rebutted, still attempting to put the blame on himself. If there was one thing I had learned about Bellamy in the short time that I had known him, it was that he was extremely hard on himself, despite how cocky he may have appeared.

"She's a murderer, there's no way around it. She ended an innocent persons life, she did that on her own, that's not on you."

Bellamy stared at me for a moment, remaining quiet as he seemed to think about my words. It looked like he wanted to speak, like he wanted to argue with what I had said, but before he had the chance, the found of footsteps sounded off somewhere near us in the dark forest. 

I turned, my skin prickling with nerves. Subconsciously, I took a step closer to Bellamy, his proximity causing me to feel safer.

"Over there." Bellamy whispered, pointing in the direction of the noise. My eyes follow his finger, landing on a lone figure running through the woods.

I glanced over his shoulder, watching as the figure hurried on. "Can you tell who it is?"

He nodded slightly, "I think it's her, I think it's Charlotte."

"Why is she alone?" I questioned, worry setting in as I saw no sign of Clarke or Finn.

Bellamy kept his eyes locked on the moving figure while shaking his head, "I don't know." After a brief pause he spoke again, "Stay here." he instructed as he moved towards another large tree.

The figure, it was now clear that it was Charlotte, slowed to a stop, looking around before letting out a defeated sigh. I remained still as Bellamy moved from his spot, running out and wrapping his arms around Charlotte, pulling her behind the tree where I stood.

At the impact of another body against hers, Charlotte let out a deafening scream, which caused Bellamy to throw his hand over her mouth in a panic, "Sh! Charlotte, it's me." he announced, trying to calm her down.

She looked between Bellamy and I with wide eyes before shoving Bellamy's hand away, "What are you doing out here?" she demanded harshly.

"Oh, we're just out for a little nighttime stroll." I muttered, I still wasn't impressed with the little murderer.