59. the truth

"Avery!" Bellamy called as he ran after me down the hall. Considering I was limping at half the speed I could usually go, he caught up to me pretty quickly. "Will you just listen to me for a second?" he begged as he fell into step with me.

I ignored him as I kept walking walking towards the exit. I had just been informed that Raven had figured out that Mount Weather was jamming the Ark's radio signal, meaning we had no way to contact any possible survivors from other Ark stations. In addition to this discovery, I was told that a group of them including my brother, were heading out to destroy Mount Weather's radio tower in order to unblock the signal.

"You're not coming with us, Avery." Bellamy warned as I pushed the door open, letting the warm sunlight hit my skin.

"I'm not sitting around here while all my friends are out there. Not happening Bellamy." I snapped as I made my way through camp.

"Avs!" Finn yelled when he caught sight of me. He rushed towards me, pulling me into a hug. "You're up!" Why didn't you come get me when she woke up?" he asked, turning to Bellamy.

Bellamy scratched the back of his neck, "I, uh, I didn't really have a chance she-"

"What's this I hear about you going to destroy the radio tower?" I demanded, giving my brother a pointed look.

Finn turned to Bellamy in surprise. "Yeah," Bellamy muttered, "She figured it out."

My twin turned back to me, "Avs, I'll be fine."

I nodded as I pushed my hair out of my face, "I know you will because I'm coming with you."

Finn gave a sideways look at Bellamy, who gave him a small shrug. "Avery, you're not coming. There's no discussion about this."

I scoffed, "You can't tell me what to do, Finn. If you guys are going, then so am I. I'm not losing either of you again."

"Finn's right." Clarke's voice cut into our conversation, "You're too weak right now, you'll only slow us down."

I look of offence covered my face, "I can be fast."

"No, you can't." Bellamy argued, "It's too dangerous out there, especially with the state you're in."

I looked between the three of them, "I'm going to be a mess when you guys are gone. What am I supposed to do, just sit here twiddling my thumbs until you guys get back?"

My brother and Bellamy shared a look, before nodding, "Pretty much." they said in unison.

It was at this point, Clarke got distracted by something else happening in camp and muttered a small, "We leave in five." to the boys before marching off.

I was staring at my brother, silently begging him not to leave me when Bellamy spoke, "I'm going to go find Octavia." he muttered, quickly leaving the two of us alone.

I felt like I was going to cry as I stared at my brother. I wasn't entirely sure why. What they were doing was a basic task, but with the threat of Mountain Men and Grounders, it was that much more dangerous.

"Just be safe." I whispered as I pulled him into a hug, admitting defeat in the argument of whether or not I could join. "Just-" what I wanted to say was "don't kill anyone else", but I stopped myself, "Just make sure you come home."

Finn gave me a soft smile as he tugged at my hair as a sign of affection, "I always do. Now try to take it easy while I'm gone."

Smirking, I swatted his hand away, "I always do." I mimicked his words.

My brother gave me one last grin before heading off to presumably find Clarke. I took this as the chance to go find Bellamy. I hoped he didn't think he got away without saying goodbye to me. I (slowly) made my way through camp and found him sitting by himself, loading his gun.

I assumed he either didn't find Octavia or didn't even look for her at all.

"Hey." I muttered as I stopped in front of him.

Bellamy looked up from what he was doing and gave me a quick glance before going back to what he was doing, "If you're here to beg me to let you go, it's not going to work."

I rolled my eyes as I nudged his leg with my foot, "I'm not here to beg. I just wanted to talk to you before you went."

He paused what he was doing and looked back up at me, "Is everything okay?"

I nodded as I glanced around at the people milling about, "Yeah. Can we just go somewhere more private?"

Bellamy nodded as he stood up, "Follow me." he instructed as he led me through camp, pulling me to where our group of friends had met prior to them going out to search for Finn.

"What's up?" he asked once we were alone.

I leaned into my crutch as I looked up at him, "I want you to promise me you'll look out for Finn while you're out there."

Bellamy's eyes softened as he nodded, "Avery, of course I will."

I shook my head, "And I don't mean I just want you to make sure he stays alive, I want you to make sure he doesn't kill anyone else. He can't handle anymore, he's already so different and it scares me Bell, so please just keep an eye on him."

"I'll look out for him, don't worry alright." he whispered.

As I stared up at him I felt my heart pound against my chest, and in a moment of pure shock to both of us, I did something I was not planning on doing at all.

I pushed myself up onto my tip toes, ignoring the pain in my leg, and grabbed Bellamy's face, pushing my lips to his. He seemed somewhat shocked at first, probably as shocked as I was, but after a split second he relaxed, brining his hands up to cup mine that were still resting on either side of his face.

Warmth flooded my body as I felt his lips against my own. After a few moments I pulled away, instantly being met with the surprised face of Bellamy.

I let out a shaky sigh as I dropped my hands from his face, "Be safe." I whispered before turning and walking away, leaving a stunned Bellamy Blake on his own.

-an-

omg guys they finally kissed!!! looks like the ship is truly starting to sail