62. healer

I pulled at one of the restraints for what felt like the fourth time, ensuring that there was no way he could break free this time. We had re-secured Lincoln, this time on laying on the ground, with extra restraints.

"We need to stop the bleeding and get the bullet out of his leg." Clarke announced as she examined the wound, "Hold his leg down."

Bellamy, who sat by Lincoln's feet, grabbed onto his leg, making sure Lincoln wouldn't move. I was just about to do the same when Bellamy stopped me, "Just back up." he pleaded.

"Bellamy," I warned, not in the mood to deal with him trying to be over protective, "I'm fine." I muttered.

Octavia was up by Lincoln's head, attempting to give him some water. As she slowly poured it into his mouth, he spit it all out before trying to snap at Octavia's fingers. She let out a small scream as she moved back. The remaining three of us looked to her with sad eyes. Being the stubborn girl she was, Octavia tried to hide her emotions as she stood up, "I'll go get some more."

"I'll come." I announced, shooting Bellamy a look as if to dare him to challenge me. He stood up after us, moving towards Octavia, "O, once the drug is out of his system he'll be okay."

Octavia gave him a sad smile, "You can't protect me from this one big brother."

As Octavia began climbing down the ladder, Bellamy grabbed my arm, "Be safe." he warned, "Please."

I gave him a small smile, "We will, we're just getting some water."

As I turned to the ladder, I saw Bellamy kneel back down beside Clarke, letting out a small sigh as he grabbed back onto Lincoln's leg.

As I reached the lower level, Octavia was waiting for me. She looked exhausted, defeated.

"Hey." I whispered, giving her a sad smile as the two of us fell into step, making our way out into the cool night.

Octavia didn't look at me as she spoke, I could tell it was because she was about to cry, "I'm okay."

"No, you're not." I replied, grabbing her arm, causing her to stop, "You're not okay, and that's fine, it's expected."

She wasn't looking at me, but behind me. It seemed like something else had caught her attention, "Can you go get the water?" she muttered, shoving the canteen into my hand.

I took it in surprise as I spun around to try to find out what she was looking back. When I didn't see anything I spun back around, "What's going on? What are you-"

Octavia cut me off as she spun me towards the stream, "I'm fine, I just need a minute. I'll meet you back here in a few minutes."

I gave her a quizzical look as I slowly began towards the stream, "If you run off, Bellamy will kill me, Tavia, kill me!"

She cracked a small smile as she waved me off, "I'm not going anywhere, promise."

I shook my head with a small laugh as I walked deeper into the forest in search of water. I was slightly unnerved, I knew Grounders could be out here, but I wasn't going far...I would be fine. Well, that's what I told myself to calm my nerves.

As I found the stream, I instantly dropped to my knees, shoving the canteen into the frigid water. As it filled up, I looked around anxiously, afraid a Grounder was about to jump out of the trees. Luckily, the canteen filled and I began making my way back to the Drop Ship with no run-ins.

"Okay, got the water! Now, let's get back before Bellamy has a conniption and-" I stopped dead in my tracks at the sight of Octavia standing with a man, but not just any man, a Grounder.