103. chaos

Our original plan had been rather simple- wait it out before making any big moves. However, after Pike's new game plan had been revealed to us through the hidden mic in his office, there was no waiting- not anymore.

Pike was planning on mining the battle ground, going through with the attack before blowing up the Grounder reinforcements that were sure to be sent in. He was planning another massacre.

It made me nauseous just thinking about it, and it made me even more sick hearing Bellamy's voice speak up in agreement on their plan.

It went without saying that Kane, Miller, Harper and I were not going to let them go through with this. We were going to do whatever it took to stop them from leaving this camp with those explosives.

To do that, we had devised an elaborate plan. Each part needed to go smoothly in order for us to pull this off. The first part of the plan was leading them away from our trail. To do that, Kane had recruited Sinclair who happily obliged to take part, no matter what the consequences.

The two of them were staging a false sabotage. The idea was for Sinclair to be caught red-handed trying to disable the Rover. Essentially, the only way our plan could actually work, was if he was arrested and thrown in lockup. We knew that Pike and his people had eyes on all of us, so pulling this part of the plan off wasn't likely to be difficult.

The next part of the plan was where Harper and I came into play. Once Sinclair was arrested, the Grounders in prisoners bay would stage a riot, hopefully drawing all guards away from their posts and toward lockup. From there, Kane would take Pike out of camp, and right to the Grounders.

It was a dangerous plan, one that if we got caught, could result in all of us being arrested. That's why, later that evening after the first part of the plan had been carried out, as I stood beside Harper awaiting our cue, I couldn't help but let nerves overtake me.

"You shouldn't let Bellamy see you." she whispered, turning to look at me from where she had been watching the corridor.

I shrugged, leaning up against the wall. "What does it matter anymore?" I muttered, very well knowing I no longer cared if me being apart of this plan upset Bellamy. He didn't get to be upset.

Harper gave me a sad smile as she nodded. "Try not to let any guards see you." she advised, "That way if the plan goes south, we can stay out of lockup, work on a way to get the rest of them out."

I nodded in agreement, "Good idea." I commended, "There'll be so much chaos once the riot starts, it'll be easy to go unnoticed."

"Speaking of," she started, glancing down the hallway, "It should be starting soon."

Not minutes after the words left her mouth, an alarm began to blare throughout the Ark, calling for more guards in the prison bay. Harper and I shared a look which contained a mixture of deviance and anxiety. It was go time.

The two of us took off down the hallway, both of us fitting right into the groups of guards rushing toward lockup. Harper was an actual guard and she had loaned me a spare uniform of hers, making us indistinguishable as rebels.

As we neared, the scene at lockup was complete and utter chaos. Grounder prisoners attacked Arkadian guards from all angles. Grunts and yells coming from everyone's mouths as they battled against each other.

My eyes quickly landed on Bellamy who was doubled over, clearly due to just having been hit. I pushed down the spark of guilt I felt when I looked at him. This needed to be done.

"Come on!" Harper prodded as she rushed at one of the guards, not hesitating before she jabbed an electric prod into his ribcage.

I tore my attention away from Bellamy, instead focusing on prying Arkadian guards off of the Grounders. I used all my forced, ramming my knees and elbows into any guard who got in my way.