37. pleading

Bellamy's face was full of rage as he began marching towards Murphy, "You said you would let them go, both of them!"

Murphy pointed the gun a Bellamy, "Ah, ah, ah, stop right there." He warned, stopping Bellamy before he could get too close.

Bellamy's eyes flickered over to me as he tried to calm his breathing, "Avery, it's going to be okay. I won't let him hurt you."

Murphy let out a laugh that made my skin crawl, "Don't make promises you can't keep, Bellamy".

Warm, fat tears were streaming from my eyes as I tried desperately to free myself of the gag that was still in my mouth. Bellamy noticed, and with shaky hands he motioned towards her, "At least take the gag out of her mouth" he pleaded Murphy.

Surprisingly Murphy smiled, "Good idea, that way I can hear her beg for her life."

Bellamy clenched his jaw as Murphy moved towards me, harshly pulling the cloth out of my mouth.

"Murphy, please don't do this." I begged, my voice thick from crying.

He ignored me as he turned back to Bellamy, throwing a pile of seatbelts that had been cut free towards him, "Start tying these together."

Bellamy stood his ground, "Not until you let Avery go."

I flinched as a bullet made contact with the metal floor, sending a loud echo through the ship, "Start tying or the next one goes in her head." Murphy ordered.

Octavia's worried voice came through the radio, "Bellamy? Avery? Are you guys okay."

Murphy kept the gun pointed at Bellamy, "You want her to know you're okay? Do what I said."

Bellamy reluctantly dropped to his knees and began tying the belts together. I sat in the chair, still bounded and unable to do anything to stop this.

Murphy held the radio out in front of Bellamy, allowing him to reply to Octavia, "We're fine, it was a miss fire. Now stop worrying and get back to work-all of you," Bellamy paused, his eyes moving up to Murphy, "And tell Raven to hurry the hell up."

I didn't know what Raven was doing, but if I knew her as well as I thought I did, I was hoping she was currently working on a way to get us out of here.

Murphy retracted the radio, "That's long enough. Tie those two ends together." He ordered, shoving the radio back into his pocket.

I began trying to pull against the ropes that held my hands together. If we had any hope of getting out of here alive, I had to do something. "Murphy, " I tried to pull his attention towards me, "Please, you don't have to-"

"Stop-" Murphy said, swinging the gun towards me, "Stop saying that. You two made me do this, this is on you, not me!" he yelled, causing me to shrink back.

When he saw I wasn't going to make anymore of a fuss he turned back to Bellamy, "Now tie the two ends together".

Bellamy's eyes were on me as he did what Murphy said, tightly tying the ends of the belts together so they were forming a loop.

"Now get up and toss it over" Murphy ordered, motioning to a large beam that ran the distance of the ship.

It was then that I realized what Murphy was doing, he was having Bellamy tie is own noose.

I shook my head rapidly as Bellamy stood and threw the belts over the beam. "No." I begged, "Murphy, no!"

For what felt like the hundredth time today, Murphy pointed the gun at me, "Stop talking before I put a bullet in your head" he snapped, fury in his eyes.