88. azgeda

The ride was fast but quiet. All of us seemingly on edge for what we could potentially find in sector 8.

The only time someone spoke was when Monty yelled out how close we were getting, his eyes trained on the tracking device in his hand.

By the time we arrived, my heart was pounding in my chest. I was terrified that this was all a set up, and we were all walking into our death.

"Relax." Bellamy whispered, placing his hand over mine as the rover came to a stop.

I looked up to him with a tight smile, giving him a small nod as I picked up my gun, following everyone out of the vehicle.

As soon as my feet hit the ground, Bellamy and Octavia were discussing the fact that we were currently on the border of Ice Nation, and that their territories stretched for miles, hence why there was no ice present.

"Good thing we only have to go 200 metres." Monty explained, his eyes locked on the tracking device as he began marching forward.

Bellamy stuck his arm out, causing Monty to stop, "Slow down." he instructed, his eyes scanning the forest. "Remember, rules of engagement are non-lethal force." He adjusted the gun in his hand, his eyes falling to me for a moment.

Bellamy hated me coming along to these things. I knew it made him nervous, but I also knew I was more than capable of handling myself.

"Tight formation on my command. Raven, you stay in the rover." he ordered, turning to look at Raven who had just joined us.

She let out an airy laugh, "Yeah, right."

Octavia sided with Raven, "We need every gun we've got."

I gave Bellamy a look, signalling that I agreed with the other two girls. We had no idea what was about to come out of that forest and we needed to be prepared.

"They're coming." Monty announced, "120 metres"

My heart rate sped up as I stared out into the woods, my hands beginning to sweat as I gripped the gun.

"110."

Monty attempted to take another step forward, but Bellamy pulled him back once again. This time he rose his gun, pointing into the forest as voices filled the air.

Monty shot him a look, "They're our people. What are you doing?" he snapped.

Bellamy looked over at him, "We hope they're our people."

We all took this as our cue to get into position. Octavia unsheathed her sword while the rest of us held up our guns, spreading out.

"On my command." Bellamy ordered.

I stood on the right side of Bellamy, Miller to my other side, as I pointed my gun toward the entrance of the woods. Not even a minute passed when people came into view. However they weren't our people. They were perched on white horses, speaking a language unlike ours.

You could almost hear the anxiety that coursed through all of us at that moment.

"Ice Nation?" Bellamy whispered, his gun still raised.

Octavia nodded as she clenched her jaw, "Yes. White war paint." She then proceeded  to re-sheathed her sword as she raised her arms in the air as surrender, "Stay calm." she instructed our group as she took a small step forward.

I kept my gun raised, ensuring none of them tried anything as they came to a stop in front of us.

One of them men on the horses bit out something in their language, his voice harsh and angry.