39. our home

Raven's screams ripped through the air as Clarke held a scolding hot blade to her wound. Her hand was gripped tightly around my brother's as she withered in pain.

"I don't understand," Finn spoke once Raven had stopped screaming, "How did Murphy get a gun?"

Bellamy and I shared a brief look before he spoke, "It's a long story."

Finn still didn't know what truly went down with us and Murphy and at this point, it was probably better to keep it that way.

Raven let out a grunt, "We got lucky, if he had of hit the fuel tank instead of me we all would have been dead".

A look of shock clouded over Clarke's face, "Wait, there's rocket fuel down there? Enough to build a bomb?"

Raven was pale and covered in sweat, her breathing still ragged, "Enough to build a hundred bombs, if we had enough gun powder".

Bellamy switched topics, moving onto our next order of business. "Let's get back to the Reapers, maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend right?" He was referring to another group that Clarke and Finn had encountered with Lincoln. In his hand was one of Lincoln's sketch books which contained dozens of pictures of terrifying looking men- even more terrifying than the Grounders.

Clarke and Finn both had scared looks on their faces, "Not this enemy. We saw them, trust me it't not an option".

"There's no time for this." Finn announced, turning to Clarke and dropping his voice, "Can she walk or not?"

Clarke's eyes flickered over to Raven, with a shake of her head she sighed, "No, we'll have to carry her".

Raven instantly rebutted, "Like hell you will" she grunted as she attempted to push herself up off the table.

Clarke held her down, "Listen to me. That bullet is still inside you. If my some miracle there's no internal bleeding it might hold until we get somewhere safe but you are not walking anywhere is that clear?"

I knew Raven as well as I knew myself and I knew for a fact that admitting weakness was not something she did easily, but today she succeeded to Clarke, giving her a small nod.

Finn took this as a sign to get going, "I'll go get the stretcher" he announced, turning towards the exit of the ship.

"Can't run away fast enough huh? Real brave" Bellamy piped in from beside me. I sent him a disapproving look as Finn spun back around.

"Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave Bellamy, it's stupid" Finn shot back.

Bellamy took a step towards him, "Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight."

I let out a puff of air, stepping in between the two boys, "Cut it out" I ordered, my eyes locking on Bellamy who was the instigator of this little disagreement, "We don't have time for this, we need to get going".

Bellamy shook his head, "If they follow, it's a hundred and twenty mile trek to the ocean".

Finn jumped in, "Look, we're wasting time. If he wants to stay, he can stay" he gave me one final look before storming from the ship.

I instantly turned to Bellamy, "You're not staying".

Bellamy's jaw was locked as he looked down at me, "What do you want me to say, Avery?"

I let out an exhausted sigh, "I want you to say that you'll come with us. We-I can't do this without you. Please Bellamy."

"They listen to you" Clarke piped in from behind me, "Those kids, they look up to you".