25. faulty

We hadn't made it too far through the forest when Finn began to slow down, his breathing sharp and laboured.

"What's wrong?" Clarke asked as her and the rest of the group stopped running to see why he had stopped.

Finn readjusted me in his arms, causing me to open my eyes that I had had closed for the last five minutes or so. "I just need a minute." he grunted, I could tell he was lying.

"Finn," Clarke gasped, taking a few steps towards us, "You're bleeding."

Finn instantly brushed her off, "I'm fine."

Clarke shook her head, "No Finn, you're not fine. You're still healing and—"

It was then that I remember that Finn was still healing from a stab wound. I had been so caught up in everything else I hadn't even clued in that him carrying me through the dense forest full of obstacles must have been more than painful. "Put me down." I ordered, trying to push myself free from Finn's grasp, "I can walk." I tried to sound forceful, but my voice came out as barely a whisper.

"No," Finn argued, tightening his hold on me. "You can't walk Avery, you can barely keep your eyes open let alone run anywhere."

"Finn," Clarke said softly, "You can't carry her anymore, you're going to tear your stitches out."

Finn was getting frustrated and I could tell, "I don't care about that! She can't walk Clarke, so I—"

"Here," Bellamy's voice cut into the conversation as he stepped towards us from the front of the group, "I can take her" he announced, putting the strap of his gun over his shoulder before swinging the weapon to the back of him.

Finn looked down at me before looking up at Clarke and then Bellamy. "Come on Finn, just let me take her okay?" Bellamy said quietly as he held his arms out in front of him.

Finn let out a sigh before lightly placing me in Bellamy's arms which instantly tightened around my body, pulling me close to his chest.

I felt my eyes droop as the warmth of his body met my own. He shifted slightly before turning to the rest of the group.

"Okay," Raven breathed, "If that's all sorted out, let's keeping going before we all end up dead."

---

When my eyes finally opened again I wasn't in Bellamy's arms but back in a tent at camp. Bandages covered my wounds and the intense pain I had been feeling early was starting to subside.

As I regained my vision once sleep totally left me, I looked around the tent, my eyes instantly landing on a figure sitting beside my bed, their eyes closed.

"Bellamy?" I tried to say his name but my voice failed. I cleared my throat, trying again, "Bellamy?"

His eyes shot open as he sat up straighter, "You're awake." he observed, his hand flying up to awkwardly scratch his neck.

I cracked a small smile, "Looks like it."

He nodded, a small smile of his own spreading onto his face, "I'll go get your brother." he said, leaving the tent before I had a chance to say anything else.

I felt my shoulders slump slightly, I'd never seen someone so eager to get away from me before. Bellamy was acting weird, weirder than usual and I decided to make it my mission to find out why.

Finn soon came flying into the tent, a huge smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around me, taking the seat Bellamy had been in. "I'm so happy to see that smile" he laughed as he shook his head in awe, "Rough few days for the Collins hey?"