Chapter Four

•Claire's POV•

"Thanks again Nick." I said stepping out of his car.

"No problem, see you tomorrow." He said and I nodded shutting his car door. I still couldn't believe Caiden left me at the beach. Actually, on second thought I could. That's something he would definitely do, but only if he was really pissed, which is what he currently is.

"Caiden!" I called opening the door and locking it behind me. I knew he was here because both of our cars were in the driveway. When I didn't see him on the first floor of the house I went upstairs and saw him sitting on our bed with his back against the headboard. "Caiden?" I called again this time softly.

"I love you." Caiden said suddenly, completely surprising me. I thought he was furious with me?

"What?"

"I said, I love you. I know I don't show it often which is why you decide to fuck my enemies, but you should know you're the only reason I even did something with my life. I could've been some alcoholic and just sat in my apartment drinking my life away, but then I met you and I hated you." Was that last part suppose to be sweet?

"I really did hate you and I wanted nothing to do with you, but then you followed me into the park that day and just talked to me. You didn't speak to me like I was some person who just escaped from some insane asylum, you spoke to me like you actually wanted to get to know me." Caiden's eyes turned away from me and instead focused out the window at the sun setting.

"Why are you telling me all of this now?" I asked taking a seat at the end of our bed.

"Because I don't want to lose you. Everything in my life has been going great. And if you leave then I'll just turn back into the man I was." He said shaking his head in disgust."Just answer one question for me: Are you just doing this to spite me?"

I was offended that he would think such a thing, but then I remembered he's never been in a relationship and part of him will always feel like everyone is trying to hurt him.

"Of course not. Caiden, I will say this once and once only. I would never sleep with anyone besides you. I love you and  I wouldn't ruin what we have for some low life like Jesse." I told him moving so I was sitting on my knees in between his legs and grabbed a hold of his hands.

"That's good to hear." Caiden said still not looking at me. He removed my hands from his and picked me up, moving me so I was sitting next to him.

"Are you seriously still upset?" I asked throwing my hands up and he smirked. It wasn't a charming smirk that would make my heart melt; no, it was a sinister smirk.

"Claire, you know so much about my past, but I've come to find out I don't know much about yours." He snarled making me confused.

"There isn't much to know? I've pretty much told you everything." I said frowning.

"Yeah, everything you say, but it seems you failed to mention anything about your exes." He hissed letting his hazel eyes snap to my blue ones.

I wasn't sure what he was worried about, but it was starting to irritate me. We've been together for years, yet he still doesn't trust me.

"I've had like two boyfriends my whole life not including you." I said raising my eyebrow. I had no idea where he was even going with this.

"Yeah, you told me that you had two boyfriends in your middle school life, but you didn't ever mention anything about the other one. You know like how he ended the relationship and not you. And that he fucking left you because he had to, not because he wanted to." Caiden said clenching his fists.