Chapter Eleven

•Claire's POV•

I moaned slightly in my half awake state as I felt a hand caressing my abdomen. My stomach clenched a little at the odd feeling. Finally, I opened my eyes to see Caiden staring at me.

"Good morning." I mumbled, moving closer. " How long have you been awake?"

"About an hour." He murmured, standing directly in my eyes. His hand was still on my abdomen and it didn't seem like he was going to move it anytime soon.

"I have to go to work today." I frowned and he shook his head.

"You can miss another day." He told me. I placed my hand on the side of his face and gave him a closed mouth kiss, pulling away after a minute.

"I can't. I've missed too many already. Everything is probably behind." I said before sitting up. Caiden removed his hand and sat up as well.

"I love you." He told me suddenly, pressing me close to his body. I frowned not hiding my confusion for all the sudden affection. I unintentionally scrunched up my nose as I studied him carefully.

"Are you drunk?" I asked and he chuckled, wrapping his arms around me, placing his head in the crook of my neck.

"Hey Claire, do you have any - oh god are you two about to have sex?!" Clover yelled suddenly covering her eyes. Andrew poked his head in and smirked.

"Get it man!" Caiden pulled away from me and scowled.

"Why the hell are they staying here again?"

"We were not. Now, what was it you needed?" I asked and Clover removed her hands before walking over and plopping herself down on the bed.

"Do you have any aspirin? "

"In the right side of the cupboard above the sink." I told her and she smiled.

"Thanks! I ended up getting a few photo shoots scheduled for today so I won't be back here till late tonight. Andrew and I are going out to dinner after." She said smiling sweetly at Andrew who returned it.

"What about the other two?" Caiden asked curiously.

"I don't think they'll be here either," Clover said shrugging as she stood up. "Did you guys decide on a name yet?" She asked and I shook my head. I haven't even told him about the gender yet.

"Awe well definitely let me know when you do!" She said and I smiled.

"Don't worry I will," I said before watching her leave the room.

"Speaking of, I have to tell you something," I said, grabbing his hands and looking at him.

"What is it?" He asked curiously and I smiled.

"We're having a boy." I blurted and he stared at me blankly for a minute.

"Cool."

I blinked once, twice, and even three times, hoping he would add to the statement, but that was it. I guess he honestly didn't care anything about him. I was going to have to do this all alone. The thought made my eyes tear up. Gosh, I've become such a baby.

"Yeah," I mumbled, releasing his hands and getting out of bed.

"Do you have any pictures?" He asked suddenly, surprising me. I nodded and opened the drawer in the little table beside our bed. I handed him the envelope before leaving the room. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair, not doing anything special. I was mentally giving myself a round of applause for taking a shower last night I now had plenty of time to get ready now. I was about to head back into the room, but then I heard it, Caiden was talking quietly. To who, I wasn't sure. I put my back against the wall and strained my ears to listen carefully.