Chapter Seventeen

~Claire's POV~

" John Doe died on the way here. We just needed you to call it." I heard someone in the background and my eyebrows furrowed at the unfamiliar voice and my body being moved. Where was I?

"Time of Death: 16:25." I heard someone in the background call before I started to lose unconsciousness again.

I woke up again a few minutes later to find multiple people standing above me, a mask over my face. I looked up at them in fear and tried talking. One quickly removed the mask and talked quickly.

"Hey, calm down, just breathe. " He said as he saw me starting to hyperventilate. What happened? Where am I? What was going on? Is my baby okay? So many questions formed in my head, but I couldn't get myself to say them. "I'm Dr. Ernest from Northwest Hospital. Can you tell us your name?" He asked stopping what he was doing and looking me straight in the eyes.

"Claire Martez." I responded as I felt my arm being stabbed, an IV being put in it.

"Do you remember what happened?" He asked and I shook my head, causing my stomach to churn from the movement.

"You were in an accident," He said and suddenly flashes of the red car went through my head and I heard the sound of my own heart started beating faster.

"Liam. Where's Liam?" I demanded, trying to sit up but he gently pushed me back down.

"We have to take care of you and your baby, Claire. I'll have someone go check on him." He said, but something about the look he was giving another doctor didn't help my nerves.

"Is Liam your husband?" He asked and I shook my head, wincing at the pain it brought to me once again. My eyes widen and I leaned over, throwing up all over the person next to me.

"I'm so sorry!" I said closing my eyes as I let out heavy breaths. "Caiden Anderson, call him. He's my boyfriend." I told them before I felt my breathing start to slow down.

"Claire, keep talking to us. We need you to stay awake."

"I'm still awake," I mumbled incoherently my eyes still closed.

"Claire! Claire!"

"Dammit, we're gonna lose her. Get ready to charge to 100." I heard them say before someone else yell.

"Wait." I heard before I once again lost consciousness.

*****

~Clover's POV~

I sat next to Keith, coffee in front of me as we talked about nothing serious. This was supposedly a date, a lame first date if I do say so myself.

"What about you?" He asked and I looked up at him in surprised."You weren't listening to one word I was saying were you?" Keith looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really distracted right now. Work has me stressed." I lied and he leaned forward a bit.

"You're lying. You don't have to tell me whatever it is. "He said before taking out a pack of cigarettes from the pocket of his plaid t-shirt that was under his leather jacket.

"Why do you always think I'm lying?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and he shrugged.

"You lied about your name after all," He said standing up.

"Well, I'm not the only one hiding things here. I mean look at you with your smoking habits and earlier when I was looking down at my phone I'm pretty sure you poured whiskey into your coffee." I pointed out and he smirked.