Chapter Ten

~Claire's POV~

"I'll see you after work." Caiden said pressing a long kiss to my lips before pulling back.

"Yeah, i'll make sure to bring a picture from my appointment today." I told him and he nodded, grabbing a piece of bacon off the plate on the counter and heading towards the door. "Love you!" I yelled through the house and I heard him yell it back but it came out more like a bunch of gibberish since his mouth was full.

"You have another appointment?" Clover asked me and I looked over at the table where her and Andrew were sitting.

I nodded,"My doctor left me a voicemail last night telling me she'd like to see me again soon since I went so many months without proper monthly check ups." I said and she frowned.

"How far are you anyways?" And I bit my lip trying to remember what the doctor told me. I know i'm a horrible mother already.

"I'm pretty sure at most 18 weeks." I told her looking down at my stomach and she suddenly jumped up and squealed.

"You're so far along! I remember those days." Clover said placing her hand on her stomach before looking at Andrew.

"Let's have another baby." She said and Andrew started coughing on his orange juice. The poor man sat there choking for a good three minutes .

"We have two seven year old children at home right now. I don't think we need anymore. They're both a pain already." Andrew said, but you could see the adoration for his children in his eyes. I couldn't help but wonder if Caiden would be like that one day.

"What time is the appointment start?" She asked, watching me take a sip out my glass of milk.

"Ten." I said looking at the watch on my hand and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Can I please come?" She begged and I stared at her for a minute before reluctantly agreeing.

"Caiden can't come so I don't see why not. It would be nice to have some else there." I said and she squealed, making me cringe.

"You can't do that again if you're coming." She only nodded in response and sent me a huge smile.

"I'll go get ready really quick." She yelled, rushing upstairs when she saw it was already eight fifty.

"Where's Chris and Jasmin?" I asked Andrew and he shrugged, scowling through his phone.

"They have some friends here that they rarely get to see so they've been visiting them a lot recently." He said and I frowned. They couldn't have stayed with them then? I mean I don't mind the company since i'm not working as much but having four grown adults in the house was kind of a lot when you're use to just having two.

It took Clover a solid twenty minutes to get ready before we were rushing to my appointment. I tried to pay attention to her ranting about some other model but I could hardly focus as butterflies filled my stomach. This would be my second ultrasound and I could only hope my doctor would tell me everything was okay.

"Claire?" Clover asked breaking me out of my thoughts and I almost slammed on the breaks.

Pulling into the doctor's office I finally responded, "Yeah?" I looked at her as I parked the car.

"You okay? You look like you're going to puke." She said and I waved her off. I was perfectly fine, I mean what could have possibly happened in the past couple of weeks that I need to worry about.

"I'm fine." I told her as we entered the large building. We took the elevator to the fifth floor where my doctor's office was usually located.

"Hi i'm here to check in." I said to the lady in pink scrubs at the desk. She looked up and smiled.