Chapter Twenty

•Claire's POV•

"Claire Martez, will you do be an honorable favor by taking this ring and agreeing to spend the next ten lifetimes filled with mysteries and who knows whatever else married to me?" He asked staring at my tear filled eyes. My mouth opened and closed a few times before I slammed my lips on his. He held the box carefully in one hand before wrapping his free one around my body, placing it firmly on my back. He didn't hesitate to respond, kissing me with just as much force.

I pulled away staring into his eyes that were filled with such a strong emotion.."I - yes. Just yes." I whispered in his ear, pulling back . He grabbed the ring and carefully slipped it on my finger.

"What on earth? How much did you spend on this? It's gorgeous." I asked and his let his signature smirk appear on his face.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just say that's probably going to be your wedding ring as well. But we can still buy you same wedding bands of course." He whispered in my ear causing a slight shiver to run up my back.

"I love you so much." I said hugging him and his eyes widened in surprise. It wasn't often we hugged anymore, maybe kissed and all that but just hugging was strange. He decided to follow my motion and wrapped his arms around my figure as well.

"I love you too."

"Great. Now I can finally hear you stop whining about how long you have to wait for him to propose." Nathan said causing me to pull away and look at my friend.

"Shush." I rolled my eyes and slapped his chest causing Nathan to only chuckle.

"How adorable." Someone said sarcastically, not caring they were interrupting. We all faced the person only to see it was the waiter.

"Excuse me, is there a problem?" I asked politely and he only snorted.

"I'm guessing it's because none of you know me. I guess since none of those agents are here which is probably why."He stated before simply shrugging.

"Who are you?" Caiden growled out positioning himself in front of my body.

"The name's Christopher Hall. Most people call me Chris. Now, down to business, alright?" He stated it more as a question as he ushered everyone away. "Glee and friend leave. This doesn't concern you." He said waving his hand and Nathan glared at him.

"I'm staying." Nathan hissed after everyone else left and Nick agreed.

"Very well." He looked back to see we still didn't move causing him to let out a sigh.

"Five seconds. You have five seconds before I click this single button causing every song bomb I placed on the outside of this building to blow up." He said holding a remote, his finger hovering over the red button. This immediately made me move.

I took my original seat at the table as did Caiden. "I don't do well with ultimatums so speak fast." Caiden hissed causing the guy to chuckle.

"I'm here to pass on a message." The man said as his face went serious.

"What is it?" I asked and he pulled an envelope from the inside of his coat before opening it.

He cleared his throat before he began reading the message.

"Dear Claire,