Chapter Twenty-Six

-Clover's POV-

"We can't find Jesse," Rachel whispered quietly to Joey. My eyes narrowed as I didn't bother hiding the fact that I was listening in on the conversation.

"Clover's not safe until he's caught. I need that police report to find out who got arrested. If what Keith told us is accurate then Katy didn't pay Jesse and she wasn't going to until the job was completed and clearly it's not completed. Therefore, if Katy got arrested then that means the job won't ever be completed and she'll be safe to go home." Joey explained and she nodded.

"I'll get the report." She said before walking out of the room. I felt my heart rate speed up. Am I really this close to being free? To seeing my kids?

I looked at Andrew who sat next to me, staring intently at his lap."What's wrong?" I asked softly, placing my hand on his thigh. He looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Chris has kids at home. He has a wife at home. He was supposed to go on a little vacation trip to Seattle. He wasn't supposed to die here." He almost yelled, not bothering to hide his anger.

"I know," I whispered softly, running my thumb up and down the stubble on his cheek."He and Jasmin may have gotten involved in the wrong stuff, but they never did deserve all the stuff that happened to them. You would have been disgusted if you saw Jasmin. She was like a puppet and Lisa was the holder. It gave me nightmares, Andrew. It was like watching a horror movie. Both her husband and his wife won't understand. How do we even explain this?" I said shaking my head, trying to ignore the stinging in my eyes as tears started to fill them.

"You don't," Liam said suddenly, his voice void of any real emotion. "The bodies will be recovered and all we will know is that they were murdered by a man named Jesse Farone. By that point in time, Farone will be in custody and all that will be left is time to mourn. No one needs to know about the gang and the background information about you getting caught and almost dying. That is something that stays with our group and that's it."

He didn't wait for a response and walked away. I stared at his figure in silence before burying my head in Andrew's chest."We'll do it together. We'll tell them and we'll be there for their funeral as well." Andrew said firmly and I could only get myself to nod.

Two knocks sounded on the door and I didn't make any attempt to move toward it as Caiden headed to the door of their house and opened it. "Nick? What are you doing here?" He asked suddenly, his own surprise evident in his voice.

"I needed to make sure you weren't in some jail or something." He said pushing past Caiden and entering the house. I snorted, if only he knew."Oh, hey, so you're having a party and didn't tell me about that either. Great. Just fan-fucking-tastic."

"If there's no alcohol then I wouldn't count it as a party," Caiden grumbled just as Claire walked down stairs.

"Nick!" She said excitingly as she rushed over giving him a one armed hug.

"How's my little fiance doing?" He asked, releasing her with a small smile on his face."You're starting to look huge." He said lightly placing his hand on her stomach.

I looked at Caiden, waiting for some reaction about the motion. "For someone who is so overprotective, you'd think he wouldn't be okay with him touching her," I whispered to Andrew and he nodded.

"Must be really close if he's allowing it."

Claires smiled, "Awe, Nick, I've missed you. Everything's been good." She said and he frowned.

"What happened to your arm?" He asked referring to the spring on her arm.

She glanced at me and I sent her a look that said, 'good luck, girl' and she only rolled her eyes.