Chapter Thirteen

•Claire's POV•

We all arrived at the scene, but Riley made sure we were in the back of everything so we wouldn't be caught on tv or something. Clover walked around looking at things and as soon as she stepped away from a garbage can something blew up inside making me scowl, yet silently thankful she didn't get hurt.

"Okay, you two should know some rules," Riley said sternly glancing at both of us. Clover had a sheepish look as she continued." Rule number one of being an agent, don't die."

Joey snorted,"Huh, I guess I've been living this life wrong for a long time then. I usually try to go for the deathly experience, I mean we all know the saying live life to the fullest." Joey said and Riley didn't seem to find it funny as she sent him a dark glare.

"So what are we doing exactly."Clover asked and Riley sighed sending Joey a look that I knew only he would understand.

"At this point, the cops have already looked for any civilians alive. Eventually, someone will come in and try to find the cause of the explosion which will most likely be a bomb unless Jesse was actually smart enough to actually cover his tracks. Our jobs are to notice things out of the ordinary. For example, if you see all but one room burned to the ground I would obviously question it." Joey said and they both nodded.

"I want every single paper looked at and anything that is left checked. To be safe Joey and I will go into the main building were the root of the explosion came from. You two will go to one of the side buildings. If you get stopped by any remaining officer, which we should try to avoid, just say you're with us." I said simply.

"Okay, but one problem. What if someone from Jesse's gang is here and try to make a move on one of us. I know the basics to fight, but you haven't exactly taught us anything that will help us." I said and another voice pitched in.

"That's exactly why we're here as well." Liam appeared in my view with Emily and Rachel by his side and I stared at him speechless. I haven't seen him since the day I went to the urgent care and found out I was pregnant.

"Emily, you can go with Clover and Liam go with Claire. Rach, you can come with us." Riley instructed and everyone nodded. I tried to hide my scowl and focused on the task at hand. "Meet back in forty minutes at the latest."

"You have got to be kidding me," I muttered to myself.

Don't be a baby.

"Soo how have you been?" Liam asked after walking in silence for a minute and I shrugged.

"I've been better."

"Yeah, I heard you're pregnant now." He said casually and I narrowed my eyes at him. That day he left before I got my results so I knew for a fact he didn't find out from me. Geez, agents really are all up in your business.

"Yup," I said awkwardly before we stopped in front of a metal door that managed to stay in place. We were at the farthest building down in the plaza so I had a feeling on the left side, closest to the explosion would be bad. Liam tried the handle but when it wouldn't open he looked at me.

"Hairpin." He held out his palm and I just looked at him.

"How do you know I have any?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest stubbornly and he chuckled.

"Because you're Claire, you always put pins in your hair." He stated truthfully and I rolled my eyes removing a bobby pin that was keeping little pieces out of my face during work. He grabbed the hairpin from my hand and quickly managed to unlock the door.

The building was dark and I tried the light switch which unsurprisingly didn't work. Liam grabs out two small, black flashlights and hands me one, I turn it on and start scanning the room."So what is that we're looking for exactly? Just clues?" I asked.