Chapter Fifteen

Recap: Claire had an encounter with Jax that resulted in them having a long conversation about her current life with Caiden. In the end, she was forced to kiss Nick and she was left with the thought from Jax saying she should leave town. Claire met with a man named Mr. Franklin about a new clothes line. Riley had an encounter with Taylor where he announced about her going undercover in the gang and he is also an agent for a different agency that has a problem with Riley for some reason. Clover is going undercover as a girl name Keara, she is supposed to meet with Keith at the gym as it's her new job to get closer to him now. Caiden bought a wedding ring. An anonymous note came to the house that was addressed to Claire, Caiden, Jasmin, Clover and Andrew. The note brought up everyone's difficult or bad history and resulted in Andrew to spill some of his dark past with being abused as a child and Caiden to share a bit of his.

~Claire's POV~

"No, you're both only at the gang house where the drugs happen. I looked at some old news reports and to all the places that either killing sprees have happened or places that have just randomly caught on fire and they all surround one spot." Everyone stared at Matt expectantly, waiting for him to continue.

"Where?"

Matt hesitated for a moment before finally responding,"Here."

"What does that mean exactly?" I asked as I felt fear slowly creep up my spine.

"I don't know exactly," Matt said frowning and Riley looked at the note in Joey's hands again before looking back at Matt.

"Does that mean we're next?"Clover asked standing up and Matt shook his head.

"Rachel, Emily, and Liam have already checked it out. There's no sign of bombs or any threat even near your house."

"Something is not adding up. We're missing something to all of this." Riley said standing up as well and Joey nodded taking his place next to her.

"It's almost like -" Joey was cut off by the front door slamming against the wall. Everyone looked up at the now opened door and a small can went rolling across the floor. White smoke starting puffing out of the can.

"What is-"

"Everyone kitchen now, cover your mouths." Liam yelled and everyone ran through the dining room and into the kitchen. "C'mon out the back door." He ushered us all out to where we were all standing in the back yard, the back door closed. Feeling the cold October breeze against my skin I frowned, but it was quickly replaced by the warmth of Caiden's suit jacket. I sent him a small smile, one which he didn't return and glanced at my house.

"What was that?" I finally asked, breaking the silence.

"It's exactly like what we used at Jesse's party that one time," Joey said looking through the windows that only showed the white smoke. Suddenly the back door was kicked open and twelve men with guns and masks over their faces came out.

"Hands up." A man yelled pointing his gun at us who was just like the others wearing all black, but no longer a mask.

"Who the hell are you?" Joey hissed, reluctantly putting his hands up. Following his lead, we all did the same. I felt Caiden's hip touch mine as he unnoticeable moved closer to me.

Ignoring him, he turned his gun so it was facing me, "Which one of you are Clover Thompson?" A man yelled and Clover glanced at us with wide eyes, not responding. Riley shook her head as if saying not to answer.

"Answer now!" He yelled taking a step closer toward us. With the corner of my eye, I could see the gun in Joey's holster in the back of his jeans. I looked back at the guys with narrowed eyes.