Chapter Nine

A/N: Ello Loves! I just wanted to clarify Claire did not drink any type of alcohol in the last chapter. Yes, she did grab a glass but she didn't actually drink any of it. Oh and just a heads up this chapter is horrendous. But anyways,

try to enjoyyy....

~KittyKat<3

-----------------------------------

•Claire's P.O.V•

For the first time in my life I saw someone share a look as dark and hateful as Caiden. Jesse glared at the officers as he slowly went to put his gun down.

"Now put your hands up and behind your head." The officer ordered and he did as he was told. It was strange to see Jesse actually giving up and letting this happen. He was in prison for about 9 years I don't understand why would he go back this easily?

We all watched as he walked out of the bathroom in handcuffs. I was almost positive at least half of my guests were freaking out so I straightened out my dress and hair before turning to Nick. "You're at a charity event. So try acting like it." I told him disappointedly. "And you should clean yourself up and return to your husband before I go and have a chat with him." I told her before leaving the room.

"You have a husband?" Was the last thing I hear before the door completely shut behind me.

"Claire, what the hell is going on?" Caiden demanded and I hesitated knowing he would get even more mad.

"Jesse basically cornered me in the bathroom and almost killed Nick. " I stated nonchalantly while looking around.

"The cops were in there and out in less than four minutes. Did he willinging let them arrest him?" Caiden asked suspiciously and I nodded.

"It was strange, he didn't even try to argue or fight them either." I said watching Caiden as he thought hard about it all.

"I think we should get everyone out of here." He said and I took one look at him before agreeing. He wouldn't want us to kick everyone out for something small so I have to trust him. I walked towards the stage where the orchestra was playing . I quietly whispered to the conductor to quiet down the orchestra and he immediately did so they were only playing at piano.

"Excuse me, I hate to interrupt, but I thought it would be a great time to thank you all for the lovely donations. I promise you all of your money will go to great causes. Due to some unfortunate circumstances I am going to have to end this event early. I will be rescheduling this since I know we didn't actually get a chance to reach the goal, but I wanted to thank you all for coming and it would be great if you all can start making your way out." I announced and chatter immediately filled the room. I walked across the room and stood next to the door thanking everyone as they walked out. 

"HELP!" Someone yelled running this way. 

"Please help me!" A woman yelled running over and grabbing my arm, she glanced behind her. Fear was written all over her face as she looked at me again.

"What's wrong?" I asked immediately, worry crossing my face and she removed her hands and stood up straighter, sending me a smirk before coming closer so she was right next to my ear. 

"Remember Claire, the game's not over just yet." She said before pushing herself back and walking out of the building. The woman looked to be in her mid twenties and she seemed to have an innocent look. How does Jesse get such people to join his disgusting gang?

"What is going on?" Elena asked trying to stay calm.

"I was assaulted in the bathroom and he had guys crawling everywhere so the cops asked me to evacuate the place so nothing else happened. I want you to check my schedule and find me another place and day for this to happen. Do not speak with anyone besides me about the reschedulement. " I told her and she gave me a tight smile.