Chapter Fourteen

~Caiden's P.O.V.~

I looked around the familiar bright store and saw the usual glass cases everywhere. A perky woman with red hair walked over to me with a bright smile, making me automatically scowl.

"Hello, I'm Kelsey Schwind." She introduced herself holding out her hand and I quickly shook it before releasing it, almost like it was fire. "Since you're looking a little lost I can be of assistance today." Not responding, I looked at her waiting to continue. "Soo, uh we have thousands of rings, what is the occasion? Random present? Engagement?"

My body froze and the thought of all of this, could I really do this?

You love her.

I do, I really do. Claire Martez is the only person or thing I truly care about, she's the only thing that keeps me sane, but this lady doesn't know me, she doesn't understand what I go through to just walk into this place. Everyone usually knows to just let me look.

Clearing my throat, I said, "I'm looking for an engagement ring." Kelsey smiled.

"Caiden?" Someone interrupted, looking to where the sound of the voice came from I see Leigh, a woman who worked here as well." You're back again? Are you just looking again or are you actually ready to buy?" Leigh asked with her hands on her hips and looking at me.

"I think I'm ready to buy." I muttered and she smiled. I've been visiting this place, at least, two times a day for the past few months during the work day. Almost every employee knew me except this one.

"Great! I can't help you today, Mr. Anderson, but Kelsey is one of our new employees who will do a great job with assisting you." She told me and I didn't respond and only nodded. "Let me know how everything goes and what you decide on," Leigh said giving me a knowing look before walking over to a customer who was currently looking at a few rings.

"Well since you're looking for an engagement ring you can follow me back here." She led me to a familiar room and open and closed the curtain behind us.

"Is there a certain price you'd like to stay around?"She asked me as she headed behind one of the glass cases.

"No, I'm fine with any price." A glint appeared in the woman's eyes before she nodded. She stopped at the last case, farthest from the door before starting to speak about all of the rings. I didn't care to listen and only looked at them all carefully. These rings were thousands of dollars back here, some even millions, but I only wanted the best one that Claire would like the most.

"I want that one." I interrupted her and she blinked at me a few times before unlocking the case and opening it. She pulled out the ring I pointed to and bit her lip, a habit that Claire had as well when she was thinking.

"This is one of our newest and most expensive rings, 20 million dollars to be exact," She said still holding the ring and staring at me with uncertainty.

"The price is fine." I said and the woman walked from behind the counter and next to me, she handed me the ring to look at and sent me a smile. Her chest was suddenly against my shoulder as she looked at the ring carefully in my hands.

"I think any girl would be happy to have someone like you to spend that much on such a gorgeous ring." She said placing her hand on my chest, looking up at her blankly I started into her eyes with a dark and callous look.

"Are you trying to seduce me, Ms. Schwind?" I asked her and she ran her pointer finger along my jaw.

"Now why would I do that, Mr. Anderson. All I was saying is that any girl would be happy to have a handsome husband like you who would spend such an amount on a sumptuous ring. It would be such an honor." Her voice held a soft, yet lust filled sound to it.