Chapter Sixteen

~Claire's POV~

It was dark, it was hot. The heat was consuming me and the water at my feet was starting to burn me. Where are my heels? Where am I? Where's Liam?

There was a stinging in my arm but the darkness made it difficult make out what it is. An IV maybe? Why would I have an IV?

"Hello?" I called out, hoping to make out another figure in the darkness.

"Anyone here?" I yelled, trying to ignore the feeling of my own sweat trailing down my face and the rest of my body. I felt like I was suffocating, it's too hot in here.

"Liam?" I mumbled before feeling myself slowly lose consciousness again.

****

It was dark. It was hot, too hot. The water was now at my knees. How long have I been out? Was I going to die? Why am I tied to this chair? What happened? I had so many questions, yet I couldn't get myself to ask them.

"Liam?" My voice sounded almost foreign since it was dry, lacking the taste of my own spit. My body was exhausted, yet I still used every part that I could as I tried to shake the cold, metal chair. I needed to leave, I need to get back to Caiden. This was a bad idea. I should have listened to him, I really was going to die.

Two loud dings sounded through the room before lights above me started to turn on around me. My eyes took a minute to adjust to the new light but I took the opportunity to look around me. It looked like I was in a warehouse. As I thought, there was water filling up around me, the source where it was coming from was unknown. I noticed there were glass windows at the top on the front and the back of the building. The window in front of me had multiple people sitting there, watching me.

"W-who are you?" I yelled, my voice cracking. They talked among themselves, not one answering my question.

"Tell me now, dammit!" I yelled, my voice coming out a bit more clear.

"Claire Martez, age twenty-eight, 18 weeks pregnant. Is a well-known fashion designer who first became well known for her traveling around the world giving speeches about a dead boy named Edward Sterling. Also, she is the girlfriend of Caiden Anderson, CEO of his company and ex-member of Jackson Farone's old gang." A feminine voice announced into a microphone. I stared at the woman with curiosity since she knew such small details that most people didn't know.

It was true, the way I got over my best friend's death was by sharing his story, saving many lives in the process. It was only a few month thing, but multiple people stuck with everything I did because they were inspired. The fact that they knew about Caiden's past too is what confirmed the fact that they were from Jackson's gang.

"So what? Your plan is to just drown me?" I yelled, still getting no response. My eyes skimmed through the people in the room, waiting for a response. My eyes stopped when they landed on the figure in the corner of the room, looking down at me from the glass.

"Explain to Ms. Martez what will happen to her." The man spoke, his voice sounding through the room as well.

"Your body will slowly start to be consumed by the water and at first, you will hold your breath and after about a minute, maybe two at most your will have no choice but to exhale and in that time when you do your lungs will fill with water. You will try to swim up to get air, but the chair will stop you from doing so. You'll slowly start to feel your body shut down before you are knocked unconscious, after that you will be dead and after about four to five minutes you baby will be as well." The woman said with no emotion in her voice.