Chapter Eighteen

~Caiden's POV~

I stood there looking at the man in front of me carefully. He was in the waiting room the whole time, his dark eyes trying to secretly look at us. His hands would have continued to shake if he didn't shove them into his white coat that had his name perfectly printed in blue lettering above the pocket.

"I was wondering when you were going to say something," I said leaning against the wall. The hallway was almost empty besides the occasional nurse or doctor passing through, not even one person questioning our presence as he pulled me into a room.

"Shut the fuck up." He hissed making my eyes narrow. This guy really wanted to get his ass kicked.

"I was wondering in the waiting room if you were the one that hit my girlfriend and the other guy with her, but since you're in perfect condition, meaning you didn't hit them, I'll consider not fucking you up after our talk," I responded and he pushed me against a wall, his right hand around my throat.

Such a doctorly thing to do.

"Caiden, let's not forget you are the one that is wanted by not one, but two gangs. They all want you dead and it would only take three seconds tops to stab you in the heart now." The man said and a menacing smirk appeared on my face. This guy was bold, too bold.

"Do me a favor and let's not throw around threats you couldn't possibly ever accomplish," I said and he tightened his grip on my throat, cutting off most of my air supply, but I still didn't make any movement.

"If you want to talk then let's talk instead of fucking around." I spat before grabbing his left arm and twisting it causing him to automatically let go of my throat. I pushed the fucking idiot away before leaning against the wall again, my arms crossed over my chest. I was positioned in a way that showed I was cocky and I had every right to be. This guy was nothing to me.

"Caiden, you can continue to run from me and you can be pissed that I've helped keep track of you all these years, but I told you not to leave the gang. Leon warned you, Jesse warned you, I warned you. Everyone warned you." He tried to reason with me, but I scoffed.

"You're the one that got me into all that shit. You had me dealing and you were the one that was getting me drunk every night. Instead of helping me out of a dark situation you just sat there and handed me a new bottle of whiskey every night." I said dropping off my arms and not removing my narrowed eyes from him.

"If you just come back Jesse will stop trying to kill you and Claire will be safe."

"He wants to fuck her and have some nice eye candy hanging off his arm. He won't stop going after my girlfriend either way. " He only lifted his shoulders in response.

"So what if you lose the girl. It's better than being dead and leaving her to clean up your gang messes." I stayed silent for a minute, thinking over the idea.

"I'd rather die while loving her than spend life without her," I said and he snorted.

"Truly romantic, Caiden. Let me guess you got that from a book? " He said sarcastically. "Listen, I refuse to sit here and watch my brother die."

"You're not my brother." I sneered.

"You're still denying it? Your father fucked my mother long before you even got kidnapped so don't pull that bullshit." He said and I felt my hands clench into fists.