Family Life

"Baby, why don' we go out today? We could go for a nice brunch and after we could go pick up the girls from school. It'd be a nice change for you. You've been in the house ever since you had Lucas," Harry says, concern lacing his voice. For the last week your husband has been trying to get you out of the house.

It wasn't that you were opposed to the idea, no. You were just not in any form to leave the house. You were not getting as much sleep as your body should be getting, and even with Harry helping around during the day, the night feedings were wearing you out, breastfeeding becoming much more difficult for your other children. You were lucky enough to not suffer from any postpartum depression and for that you were so grateful that Harry has been so active and involved with helping you as much as possible. It was just at the point in time where if you had the opportunity to rest from household chores, you would gladly do that above anything else.

"That sounds nice, Harry. I'll go take a quick shower and then get ready for us to go. Luke needs another bottle, only about three ounces for now, I fed him a few hours ago and he shouldn't be too hungry. And if you could-," you say, soon getting stopped by a soft kiss from your husband's lips to yours, a smile finding its place on your lips.

"It's all under control, babe. Go wash up, we'll be right here for when you get all freshened up. I love you," Harry says, taking a grumbling Lucas from your arms and moving to place a tiny kiss on your forehead before turning you around and nudging you across the house. Chuckling as he saw you walk lightly to your shared bedroom, turning around once again only for him to shake his head and point you back towards the bathroom.

"We know what to do, don't we, Luke?" Harry coos to his four month old son, earning a smile and incoherent noises falling from his lips.

"I love you so much," he whispers, placing a kiss to his son's forehead, laughing as his mouth opens and closes, signalling his need for another feeding.

"Alright, Buddy, Daddy will get you another bottle," he laughs, taking his son and the freshly made bottle to the couch, ready for a quick view of the footy match and a nice feeding.

***

You take your time in the shower, letting the warm water wash over your body, falling through your hair, and running down your spine as you lean back. You shave, thanking your husband under your breath, because it was much needed. You squeeze the remainder of your body gel out onto a sponge, lathering your body with the sweet-smelling wash, letting your body gain the scent before washing it away. You hadn't noticed how dirty your hair was until your began to wash it, the shampoo in your hands knocking the flakes from your scalp and leaving a clean and smooth hair on your head. Once you had finished and you felt that your body was clean and well-washed, you stepped out, turning the water off and grabbing your towel from the rack, tying it around your body

You walk over to the conjoined sink, chuckling as you see Harry's toothbrush lying out of its place in the cup, and toothpaste marked in the sink. You rinse it out, drying your hands after, and move forward to your place, brushing your teeth and washing your face quickly before heading into the bedroom to change.

You step into the wardrobe, letting the towel fall and taking your underwear from the dresser, slipping into both as soon as you had pulled the pair out.

"Wow," you hear from behind you, spinning around quickly to see your husband, standing in front on you, arms crossed in front of his chest and a smirk on his lips. "You're so beautiful."

"Harry, stop sneaking up on me like that!" you laugh, moving towards your husband to place a kiss on his lips, watching him smile and laugh as you pull away. "Is Luke asleep?" you ask, turning back around to pull on a pair of jeans and a plain, white, t-shirt.