Requested

You've been avoiding going to sleep all night, doing anything to prevent yourself from going into your room and seeing the pristine, empty bed. It's Harry's first night away on tour, and you already miss him terribly. You trudge up the stairs and drag yourself into your master suite, and turn on the light to see Harry's side of the bed turned down, a small package sitting on the nightstand.

You walk over and pick up the parcel, tearing the wrapping away to reveal an old wooden box. You turn it around in your hands and notice a flaw in the oak. 'Harry' is scratched crudely into the side of the wood, with the year '1999' etched below it. You feel tears stinging at your eyes as you hold Harry's treasure in your grasp, and slowly open the lid to reveal a white piece of paper with your name scrawled on the front lying on top of a vintage tape recorder and a few cassette tapes.

Setting the box back down, you unfold the letter.

"[Y/N], I know there will be nights when I won't be able to tell you how much I love you, and there will be days when I won't be there to hold you when you need me the most. Each tape is a song that I wrote about you, for you. Whenever you reach out for me, or whenever you feel like you're alone, I want you to press play and remember that no matter how many oceans separate us, I'm always by your side.

Forever yours,
H. x"