You Introduce The Baby To Gemma And Anne

His fingers curled around the handle of the car seat, the tiny and snuffling baby settled beneath a mass of blankets to keep him warm. The London air, that morning, was nippy and the wind was catching under your hair. Blowing it upwards as you made your way to the Range Rover parked in the driveway. Harry's hair was tied in a bun, still wet from his shower that morning. One he'd taken after waking up early to settle Dylan back to sleep. The material of his bundled up at his wrists, the hem around his waist rising as he leaned into the car to buckle up the car seat.

You smiled as you watched his lips press against Dylan's forehead. The baby snuffling as his fists pumped lightly into the air. His brown eyes opening and looking up to his father.

"Hello, handsome. Are we ready for the long ride to Nanas, hmm? Are we ready to go and meet Nana Anne for the first time?" Harry whispered, as you settled in the front passenger seat. Placing your bag beside your feet. "Nana Anne is very excited to meet you, Dylan. Very excited. So is your Auntie Gemma. She's going to dote on you for your whole life..." He chuckled, as you turned your head, your eyes casting to where Harry was trailing his tender and long fingers over Dylan's head.

"Auntie Gemma will only be looking out for you. You'll have to know that daddy is exactly like her. Trust me" You pointed out, as Harry looked up. His eyebrows furrowing, and his lips pouting.

"I am not. Auntie Gemma is so much worse than me, Dylan. Be afraid of her" Harry laughed, as he ducked out of the car, closing the door to Dylan's side. You watched as he ran round the front of the car, the baby bag slung over his shoulder as he opened the back passenger seat. "Now... I thought we could stop off at a gas station or a Morrisons, so we can get some breakfast. You can feed Dylan and we can do what we need before getting back on the road.. Sound good?" Harry suggested, as you turned your head back to the front.

"That sounds good. What time did you say we would arrive in Holmes Chapel?" You wondered, as you heard the back door shut and the drivers side open. His body shuffling into the car, and behind the wheel. The door slamming shut. "Only because I could use a sleep.." You giggled, as Harry gave your knee a squeeze.

"Go to sleep. If he wakes up, I'll pull over, try and settle him and if he's hungry, I'll have to wake you. I won't want too, but I don't have the, ya'know... Machines to feed him" He chuckled, as you pushed at his shoulder playfully.

"Just drive, Harold. We need to get there. I miss your mum and I want some of her apple crumble. She promised she'd make me some for when we next see them" You grinned, as you watched him lean over the console in the middle, his lips pressing to your cheek.

"I'm so in love with you, missus" He grinned, nuzzling his cheek to the corner of your eye, a soft smile on his lips. "And I'm going to gloat about how proud I am of you to my family. They should know how proud I am of my wife" He whispered, as you cupped his cheeks in your hand.

"Drive!" You grinned, pressing a kiss to his nose and settling down into the passenger seat, pulling the hood of his over your head.

* *

"Do you just want a coffee? Maybe a muffin? Or do you want to go have a look and I'll wait with Dylan?" Harry suggested, as his hand rocked the car seat settled into the wooden chair beneath him. His eyes cast down to the snuffling baby, his arms escaping the hold of the blue blanket and his socked feet kicking out into the air.

"I'll have an English breakfast tea, and a pot of mango chunks. That sounds good. You need to eat though, mister. You've not eaten since lunch time yesterday. You stayed up most of the night with Dylan.. You never joined me for dinner" You pouted, as he ran his thumb over your lips. "Go and get some food, Haz. I swear I heard your tummy rumble in the car.." You giggled, patting at his jumper-covered belly.