Too Drunk To Drive - Part Two

You awaken to Liam carrying you down the hospital corridor.

"What are you doing?" You ask him, trying to wake up enough to stop him.

"It's time to go," he answers as he carries you through the doors and out to the dark parking lot.

"Is Harry home?" You inquire.

"Yes," he lies. The two of you had been at the hospital for almost two days. You had slept through all of it.

"Just lie to her," Harry had suggested, knowing you wouldn't want to leave if you knew he hadn't been discharged. Liam didn't like the idea but agreed with Harry that it was the only way to get you out of the hospital.

"I don't want her here," Harry had said while you clung tightly to his bruised torso.

"Why not?" Liam asked, remembering back to what you had said in the waiting room about how all of this started because Harry was angry with you.

"I just don't want her here."

"Bullshit, what is wrong with you?" Liam had countered, wanting an answer for you even though you couldn't hear it.

"Shut up!" Harry had scolded him, looking down at you to make sure you were still asleep. "

She isn't going to wake up, she's exhausted. You've drained everything from her." Harry's eyes closed, knowing Liam's words were the truth. Silence fell throughout the room and Liam had decided to try again.

"So why don't you want her here?"

"Dammit man, can't you mind your own fucking business," Harry had answered with frustration.

"She's my friend, it's my business," Liam had countered, standing his ground for you.

"This isn't going to work," Harry began in almost a whisper after finally giving in to Liam's request for an explanation.

"What isn't?" "Us, me and her." Liam looked at Harry confused.

"What are you talking about? I thought you two were fine." It was true though. The only fights you ever had were totally innocent and you got on better than most people who had spent their entire lives with one another.

"It can't work," Harry continued.

"How come?"

"I can't do it. I can't do this to her," he had answered, looking down to you as you continued to sleep through his confession.

"Do what? What are you doing to her?"

"This life, dammit. It's not good enough for her. I'm never home, and I know she worries. She doesn't sleep when I'm gone and do you know how bad that hurts? Knowing I'm in another country while she sits at home, not sleeping for weeks?" Harry's confession had stunned his bandmate. None of what he had been saying had ever come up in conversation and was never thought to be an issue.

"Mate, you know how much she loves you, we all know it. She shows you every day. She's fine with your life." Harry shook his head.

"You don't see her eyes when I leave."

"You're over thinking all of this."

"This needed to happen. I had to do this to show her that she doesn't belong with me."

"That makes no sense. You had to get drunk, trash the house, and then almost kill yourself to tell her that she doesn't belong with you?"

"I didn't almost kill myself, I'm fine."

"To her you might as well have," Liam had assured before he continued.

"Why were you so mad?"

"I already told you." Harry's frustration had returned.

"Because she doesn't belong with you?" Harry's head had fallen at this statement.

"Because I don't belong with her," he had answered in almost a whisper.

"You've got to get over that man. She's the best thing that has ever happened to you and you know that, everyone knows that. Whatever is causing you to think like this you need to just block it out because this is crazy talk."

"Take her home," Harry had told him only a few moments ago.

"She doesn't want to go," Liam had fought.

"Dammit Liam, take her home with you!" He had raised his voice but you didn't stir.

"Well what do you want me to say to her?"

"Just lie to her." Liam sighed and walked over to the bed, running his hands under you, lifting you from Harry. Harry had said nothing more as Liam left the room with you in his arms. When the car stops, your eyes flutter open, but close once more out of exhaustion as Liam picks you up from the seat. You don't even noticed where you are. You don't notice the noisy lobby, or the ding of the elevator. Even when he lays you down in his bed you can't distinguish the difference between yours and his. The light of the sun peeking through the curtains brings you from your sleep hours later and you are met with your surroundings. You recognized the bedroom but confusion as to why you were in it sweeps over you.

"Liam!" You shout, getting out of bed as quickly as possible, still in the clothes you had been in two days ago.

"Liam!" You yell again, wandering the send floor of his flat.

"I'm here," Liam answers, as he appears at the bottom of the stairs. You look down at the empty couch, and over to the open door of the guest bedroom. Harry isn't here. Why would he be? This isn't his flat. You slowly set down at the top of the stairs, Liam watching on at your realizing of the situation.

"He told you to bring me here, didn't he?" You say as your emotions break your voice. You look up to try and prevent your tears from falling but you fail. Liam makes his way to your side, wiping your cheeks dry for only a moment.

"He needs his space," he answers.

"So he told you?" You ask of the confession you had missed. Liam nods and your hands meet your face to try to keep your emotions in.

"What did he say?" You beg of Liam. He looks at you as you pull your hands away from your face, wiping your eyes, ready for the answer. He sighs deeply, knowing you deserve to hear what Harry said about your relationship.

"He doesn't want to be with you," Liam says and his words bring back the pain. The pain you have only ever felt once, two days ago when you saw Harry's Range Rover around that light poll.

"What? Why?" You ask confused. Liam knows that if he tells you what Harry said you would return to him only causing you more pain.

"He didn't say, he just told me that he did this to scare you off."

"No. No. No. No, that's not true," you begin, panic returning to your voice,

"Harry would never do that." Liam looks at you, his eyes beginning to tear up as well.

"No," you choke, tears rushing down your face as your head falls in Liam's lap. It will take time, for both of you that is and Liam knows it. It will be up to Harry whether he comes back, but for right now it is best for you to think he isn't.