He Doesn't Pay Attention To You

The baby monitor was set up next to your bed so you could hear him if he wakes up during the night. As you were certain he'd be asleep for a couple of hours, you start to get ready. The outfit you bought earlier today was safely hidden in your closet. Harry wouldn't snoop but you wanted to make sure nothing would spoil what you had planned. You slip into the dress and look at yourself in the mirror. It was very a form fitting, silk, maxi dress. He's going to love this. You didn't do much to your hair or your face, he always liked the more natural look. After being satisfied with your appearance you sat on the bed and waited patiently for him to come home. Since the birth of your son, things had changed between you two. Harry was still absent some of the time, which you understood. Work was work. Although, you felt a little left out of his life. He was doing a lot of social events now for promo season and he never really invited you to go along with him. There were always gorgeous women around him wherever he went, you have to admit it messed with your self-esteem a little. Models with amazing bodies and here you were; you just had a baby a couple months ago. You want to feel like you are still beautiful to him. So you came up with the plan of taking him by surprise tonight. It also would give you two the chance to be intimate again, which also was something that didn't occur very often, if at all. The front door closing brought you back into reality. His footsteps were sounding up the stairs and coming to a stop before he opened your bedroom door. This was it. He walked in and shut the door behind him. 

"Tonight was so hectic, please remind me why I still go out in public? Paps were everywhere," he says while sitting in the chair by the window. Great, you thought. He didn't even notice you. But he will. You get up from your spot on the bed and sit on his lap. Wrapping your one arm around his shoulder, the opposite hand was brushing his hair behind his ear. 

"I'm sorry baby, why don't you let me give you a massage?" You were trying to be as subtle as possible in this situation. You kissed his cheek, making your way to his lips. This should do it. His lips were soft and tasted like whiskey. His hands met your lower back. Yes. You take it upon yourself to start unbuttoning his shirt, running your fingers down his chest to his belt buckle. But he stopped you.

 "I just want to get a shower and go to bed." The embarrassment you feel right now is immense. But anger sits in more than anything. 

"Really? Okay, Harry." You get off his lap and go to the closet to find something to change into. 

"What is wrong with you? Is it such a problem that I want to sleep?" 

"No but that's all it ever is. You sleep, you wake up, you leave. When are we ever going to get time to ourselves?" He too stood up, removing his jacket and shirt. 

"I'm sorry that this job is demanding. You knew how it would be babe." 

"Oh yeah, this job is so hard. Going out to bars every night with models. Is that the problem? Am I not pretty enough anymore? Sorry I don't look like a fucking stick Harry. I didn't give birth to your child or anything." You go into the bathroom and slam the door. He wasted no time coming in after you; your outburst wasn't sitting well with him. 

"You think I'm not attracted to you, is that it? That's why you're mad?" He slammed the door open

"Yeah, maybe I fucking am. You spend all your time surrounded by beautiful women. I feel like they always have your attention. But then I'm sitting at home wondering why you can't look at me like that. Why you can't, for one night, come home and make love to me. Like you used to." You were sitting on the side of the bathtub now, head in your hands. Maybe you didn't mean to say all of that, but it wasn't a lie. It was everything that had been on your mind recently. 

"Come here, " he says holding out his hands. You stand up and he pulls you into his embrace. He moves the hair out of your face carefully.

 "Listen to me, I love you more than anything. I'm sorry because you're right. I should be paying more attention to you. No one in the world could compare to you. You still and always will be far more beautiful than any other girl in the world."