More Than Friends?

"Don't say that..." You mumbled looking at him from across the living room. "Don't you dare..."

"Why? It's true," he sniffled, crossing his arms over his chest and looking down towards the floor. "No one would really care if I just ended it."

You were shocked.

"How could you say such a thing with your best fucking friend standing in front of you? No one would care Harry? No one would fucking care?" A sarcastic laugh left your mouth as you shook your head. "I know you're hurting Harry, I know everything seems like it's crashing down around you. But I'm not that person who just gets up and leaves like the rest."

Stopping for a minute you took a moment to look at him. The boy who's had his heart broken way too many times and was finally hitting his breaking point.

"Harry I have no idea what I would do without you... You're the only boy I ever loved... From grade 2 until now, we've been best friends and I've loved you more than you can imagine this entire time. All those girls who think they can come into your life and leave, don't know what they're missing... But I do. I don't see the famous Harry Styles from One Direction, I see my Haz, sitting here with feelings that have been hurt way too many times. But Harry, suicide can not be an option. Ever, and I refuse to let it be the way your story ends."

As you finished, you kept your eyes glued on your best friend the whole time. His eyes remained stuck on his hands that were crossed firmly in his lap.

You went over to sit next to him, keeping your distance because you didn't know what he was feeling at the moment. A sigh of defeat left his mouth as his body slouched forwards even more, and his eyes began to water.

"Harry..." You mumbled, slowly reaching out to place a hand on his back in comfort. "Love please don't cry..."

"I can't help it," he whimpered out, his voice deep and husky. "I can't help but cry because all of what you said is true. All the girls I bring home, think it's just a one night stand sex thing, but they don't realize that I want, and I need something more."

"Maybe you're picking from the wrong crowd," you said softly, trying to lighten the situation a little.

"I know you think that's funny, but you're right. Maybe I am going for the ones that would rather just sleep with me, hoping they'll feel something after. But no. It's like any one night stand. They get up and leave before I get up." A deep sigh left Harry's mouth as you continued to rub his back.

"I wouldn't leave..." You managed to confess, averting your gaze to your own lap. "I think a man like you deserves to find someone that cherishes every moment, that looks at you like no one else can, and that just loves you for everything that you are as a person. Not just a famous person that wants sex, because that's not you."

Harry shook his head, finally matching your gaze. "I shouldn't be rushing into a relationship, but it gets lonely when the other boys have someone there to support them. And don't get me wrong, my family supports me and I can't appreciate that enough because it means so much to me... But seeing that special sparkle in their eyes when someone brings up their girlfriend's name I mean... It brings them up even more. They're so happy and I am to I just feel like that something is missing."

You nodded, understanding exactly what he meant, moving in closer to him. You wanted him to see that you were willing to give him all of that, and more.

"Harry what if... What if you and I..." The words were harder to find than you imagined.

"What if we what?" He asked, looking at you softly slowly putting his arm around your back like he usually did.

Sighing you just decided to blurt it out. "What if you and I went out... Like not just as friends... Like... A real date as a couple...?" You could see Harry contemplating it in his mind, his eyes getting a bit lighter. "I know you inside and out, and you know me like that too. I mean, we've been best friends for such a long time and just maybe... Maybe this is what you need..? Not to make me out to be anything special, of course not, but... I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed if you were completely mine..." You finished, giving him a shy look.

"(Y/N), you're really serious about this?" He asked, wanting to make sure. You nodded quickly, chewing on the inside of your lip. Harry looked away for a moment to think before the first smile you've seen in days spread over his face. "I just, this is so perfect... You're right, we know everything about each other, we've been best friends, I mean we've even kissed," he chuckles making the treehouse memory pop up in your head. "I love you, and I always have in a friendly way but come to think about it, there's always been something more behind the I love you's. So yes, I will go out with you, as a couple and not friends," he chuckled softly pulling you closer into his side and kissing your forehead.

"I promise Haz, you won't regret this," you said, muffled by his shirt.

"I know I won't babe. I have no doubts that this is the best decision I've ever made."