Chapter 2: Names and Lables

The thing about rumors is everyone always believes them. People are always looking for flaws in others.

So when Jessica realized that one rumor wasn't enough she decided to add another one. Start another fire.
**
The next day at school people were whispering about me from all over.

Except today I put a hoodie over my head and listened to music. It kept out all the whispers.

This is was my strategy until 4th period when some teacher in the hall told me that headphones weren't allowed.

So I had to take them out and deal with my problems.

I made it to my 4th period and sat down in the back where I started to pretend to read hoping people wouldn't notice me.

But believe me they did.

Which didn't surprise me.
Luckily the bell rang and in came the teacher Mrs.Carr
It was 4th period biology so I got out all my materials.

Most of the class was going fine well until everyone looked at their phones at once.

I checked my phone too, wondering what was going on and I couldn't believe it.

There was a picture of me and well price ranges.

According to the message I sold everything from drugs to myself.
What the hell? All I could think was what did I ever do to Jessica to make her hate me?

Everyone was either laughing or looking at me like I was nothing.
I wanted to leave so badly but I just couldn't make myself move. I just sat there.

The bell finally rang and I slowly got up.

When I got to the hallway people everything was silent. People were watching me.

Waiting for me to have a breakdown waiting or something.

I don't even know why I didn't freak out, I guess I just couldn't process all this.

I went to my next class and just sat down. Staring off into space wondering why me.

The rest of my day when on just like that until school was over.
I walked to my car and drove. Except this time I knew where I was going.

When I arrived I walked in and ordered an iced coffee.

The same boy was working the counter and when I got my coffee I sat in the same couches.

And finally after all that I realized what had happened today.

And that was the moment I couldn't hold back and I just cried my heart out.

I couldn't calm down.

And well I was sitting there I felt strong arms rap around me.

They picked me up and brought me to some room.

When I finally calmed down I realized that the boy at the counter had brought me to the break room.

"You can sit in here if you want. Crying isn't exactly good for business"he winked and walked back front.

I looked around the room I was in. There was a black couch, that I was sitting on, a fridge and a table.

But in here just like out there was a wall full of clocks.
So I just sat in there quietly crying thinking about how nice that boy was.

And I don't know when it happened but eventually I feel asleep.
**
I wake up and see the boy standing by the fridge.

He turns around and says "Oh so I see sleeping beauty is awake."
"What time is it??" I answer realizing I should probably get home soon.

"Its 11"

"Oh my gosh I have to go!" I get up and run towards the door only to see it's pouring.

The boy shows up being me "Ya right, you're not leaving. You can not drive in that weather. I won't let you" he leads me back to the break room where I sit down.
I don't know why I listened to him but I did.

There was something about him that made me want to talk to him and learn more about him.

He was in the middle of making a sandwich so for a few minutes I just started at him.

And ya I know what sounds creepy but there's something different about him.

I just don't know what it is yet.
"Why were you crying"he suddenly asks setting down the sandwich for me.

Its pb&j my favorite.

"I just was. A lot of things have been happening and I'm just tired of it. Tired of everything. And honestly I really don't want to talk about it"

I knew if I talked about I'd cry. Luckily for me he didn't pry for answers.

He just looked at me with a look of well...worry? I don't know why he cares so much. I mean I just meet him.

"What's your name?" I blurt hoping to get the attention on him not me.

He took a deep breathe and said "I don't believe in names. Of course I have one but I don't tell people. I mean think about it. You're born and your parents give you a name. But its not like your name represents. anything about your personality. I think names are just like labels."

After that I just looked at him. I really did want to know his name but I wasn't going to try to get it out of him because he respected my wishes about not wanting to talk about everything so I should respect his.

"Then what should I call you?"

"You can just call me friend"

At this point I realize I'm hungry so I pick up my sandwich and start eating.

"But isn't friend a label too?" I ask after a few bites.

"You are absolutely right. But the difference is I wanna be your friend so it may be a label but labels aren't always bad. All I want is my labels to be well..to be true"

"Well then you can also call me friend" I smiled realizing it's been a few days since I could actually smile.