Chapter 43: Morning After

The next morning when I wake up I'm exuasated. I haven't actually had fun and talked to people for that amount of time in a while.

All the medicine Im on distracts me from that. Its very obnoxious actually.

I think about Kevin for a minute.

He is so sweet. I think I will take him up on his offer and be friends with him. After yesterday I am realizing that I need friends. I need people who will be there for me.

"Morning sweety" My dad strides into my room with a smile on his face.

"Morning" I reply back with a smile "Why so happy?"

"Todays the day!" He grins even wider

"What day?" I say, now confused.

"Your therapist can finally get out of her office to come see you! Isnt it exciting! Youre on your way Aly! You really are" My dad so happy

"Im on my way" I reply

**

"Hi Im your therapist. You can call me Samantha" A young woman greets me while shaking my hand and sitting in the chair next to my bed.

"Hi I'm Alison." She smiles as she drops my hand

"So Alison, for these first few sessions we are just going to get to know each other. We'll talk and such" she crosses her legs and sits back.

Her position is relaxed yet formal.

"Alright" I reply looking at her.

"Tell me about yourself."

"Oh um alright. I'm 17. My mom died a few years back. My dad was an acoaholic. My best friend almost died. My grandpa did die. And I fell in love, but he died too" I answer

"Alison, I want to know about you. I know these things and people are very important to you but tell me about yourself." She stares at me waiting for an answer.

"Ok let me start over" I pause and laugh a little "I'm sorry. I'm 17, I live with my amazing Daddy and have a great best friend. I've lost people in life but I've gotten through it. No matter what, I've gotten through it all. People call me a fighter but I don't feel like one. I cut myself because I thought that the pain would go away, but it didn't. And now the scars haunt me each and every day I live. And I know that you don't want to hear about anyone but me, but I'm going to tell you about Nathan. Because honestly, he is me. He lives in me forever. He was this great kind guy who loved me. And he still does. I don't know where he is right now but I can feel him watching me. I kjnoiw that he is with me. He's a part of me." After I'm done I take a deep breath.

Samantha looks at me and starts to laugh. Not in a mean cruel way. In a way that makes me smile with here. She laughs in a way that doesn't make life seem all that bad.

"Well Alison, I have a feeling this is going to be a fun adventure for us" she starts to get up.

I stop her "Wait!"

She turns around and looks at me with curiosity.

"What about you?"

"Me?" She questions

"Yes you! Tell me about yourself because if this is going to work, I am going to need to know about you"

She looks a little shocked for a moment "I don't feel comfortable sharing personal things with my patients" she answers promptly.

I take another look at her. She's tall and skinny, but muscle skinny. She has straiught brown hair that is pinned back nicely. Her lips are covered with some professional gloss. Over her legs lies a pencil skirt and a blouse above it. She is very out together.

"Is that all I am? A patient?" I ask

She doesn't answer. She just stares at me.

"If that's all I am to you then you van leave and never come back. If you don't want to tell me about yourself then I'm not trusting you with anything else."

I turn towards the TV and use the remote to turn it on. I hear a soft noise next to me and when I look over she's sitting down, legs crossed.

I smile as I turn off the TV. I face her and open my ears to listen.

"If you must know, I'm 25. I am married to my high school sweetheart. He's this great guy with the perfect smile and I wouldn't trade anything in the world for him. I love him. My parents died in a tragic car accident my senior year of high school. And that was when I decided that I was going to help others like my therapist did for me. I went to school and worked hard. So I've lost people in life and I've gotten through it all. I used to laugh at people who've called me strong, but now I feel strong."

She smoots out her skirt, gets up and walks out. I hear the clacks of her heels as she walks.
**

That rest of the day I just sat in bed. I was so tired from the past few days that resting seemed right. My dad made me some left overs from the party and just went home.

I'm laying in bed, full from eating everything.

"Hey Nathan."

"Hey Aly"

"I meet my therapist today."

"I know, I was watching over you"

"Good. That makes me happy. She seems very nice. She's young and happy but she's been through things. I think she's a perfect match."

"She is, one day you'll be her. In time you will"

"Nathan, how?!" I cry out "How can I ever be truly happy without you!?"

"Aly, please don't loose hope. You can find happiness. The only thing in the way is yourself. You just have to have faith. You need to let happiness find you"

I know that he's right. But every time that I've found happiness, its been snatched from me.

"I'll try for you, I promise."

"Thank you, but doing try for me, try for yourself"

"Goodnight, I love you"

"I love you too"
**

Thanks for the read. Have a great day :)