Chapter 40: Discoveries

The day that the word Cancer was drilled into my brain I was in shock. I told my parents that I needed space and time. With that time I went to my coffee shop to work. The day was going on like normal until she walked in. The shy girl with the bright green eyes. She ordered and sat at the couch. I was overwhelmed with curiosity. She was so beautiful, yet she had come back here once again alone. And then I saw it. She broke down in tears. I reacted immediately. I scooped her up and carried her to the back room. Then in an attempt to flirt I winked at her and said something about crying not being good for business. I went back out to the counter to finish up work. The whole time, all I could think about was her. The sadness that filled her gorgeous eyes. I couldn't understand why she was so sad. Then only thing that I knew was, I needed to see her smile. After the long day I had, her smile would make it all better. For her this may nor be true but for me, it was love at first sight.

I can't help but cry as I read the beginning of his journal.

I miss him.

People say that death gets easier with time, but it doesn't. At least not for me. The more and more days that pass the more I miss him.

"Aly." I hear a familiar voice.

Right as we make eye contact she bursts into tears.

She sprints to my bedside. Then she kneels down and grabs my hand.