Chapter 24: Forgotten

Buzz. I awaken to a vibrating phone. When I go to move I feel arms around me. Nathan's holding me. We must have fallen asleep. I look down at my phone.

Cayla- I asumme you forgot?

Dangit! The treehouse. I totally forgot. I feel really bad now.

Me- Omg Cayla! I am so sorry! Will tomorrow work?? Please forgive me!?!

I put my phone down and wait. No answer. She's mad. I'm going to be sick. Tear stream down my face and start crying.

"What's wrong?" Nathan looks at me now awake and alert.

"I forgot"hiccup "About Cayla" hiccup "And now she's not" hiccup "Answering" hiccup "I feel awful!!"

He holds me and waits for my crying and hiccuping to calm down.

"Shh, it's all right. I'm here" he assures me and I feel better instantly.

After I am completely calm I look up at him "What should I do?" I whisper

"Just give her time. She's probably just upset for the moment"

I nod at hug him. He makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. So why do I doubt us? Isn't this love? The one person who makes you feel safe?

"Nathan?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you. You're my lifesaver"

"I love you more"

I look into his eyes and am convinced "That's your new nickname."

He smiles and kisses my for head.

I cuddle up some more and we fall asleep just like that. Its how we should be. Together.
**

"Alright class! I have an announcement!" Mrs. Carr my fourth period teacher motions for us to quiet down.

The class slowly brings their attention and focus to Mrs.Carr.

"Alright so now that I have your attention.... The presentation for your projects is due in two weeks!" The class uproars asking question

"Shhhh!!!!" We all lower down "But it is more work! I want more than engaging! Show me how you personally relate to your project! Papers are still due! Now you have the rest of the class to plan!"

Jessica's eyes dart towards and she looks impatient. Why is she impatient? Is she waiting for something?

"Are you going to come over here or not!" She snaps

Ya that makes sense. She's waiting for me. We would want royalty to have to walk now would we.

I get up and scurry over to her desk.

"Alright so... Have fun with the pres you can do whatever I don't care. As long as I get an A" after she's done she immediately pulls out her cell phone.

I open my mouth to say something but shut it, remembering how she hit me in that shopping center. She can hit.

I sigh and go back to my desk and grab my Mac out of my bag. I need to finish typing the report.

My fingers glide across the keyboard as all the information comes back to me. After four hours of research I remember everything. This is the easy part. The hard part is a personal presentation. I don't know how I'm going to get up in front of everyone. Especially if I have to be personal.

Next thing I know the bell rings and I get up to move on with my day. I hope everything with Cayla will work out. That's all I can think about. Soon school will be over and I'll be able to fix things.

I messed up really bad. And when you make a mistake you have to fix it. Or at least try. You can't just ignore it. Because it will never go away. So I guess I just have to wipe the dust off my shoes and apologize. Try to make things right.
**

"Nathan?" I call out. I just walked into the coffee shop. I want to get something to drink before my long ride

"Yeah?" He appears from the back looking happy

"Can you make me an iced coffee before I go?"

"Sure thing love" he talks in a heavy British accent

"Actually dearie could you make that tea?" I mimink him

"Well sure thing my love! Would you like me to call the queen?"

I giggle while he hands me my coffee. Not tea.

I kiss his cheek "Alright thank you! Love you and goodbye my life savor!"

He pouts "What? No lips?"

I sigh and him a big slobbery kiss and walk out him complaining after me.

Click. My car unlocks and I smoothly slide into the drivers seat. All right just kidding I'm too awkward for that. That's what I was going for but it didn't work out and I ended up bumping my head. Embarrassed I sit down and drive away.

I turn on the radio and Ed Sheeran blesses my ear drums.

"So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans..." I sing along

When the song is finished I look at the clock and realize how much time I still have. This is going to be a long ride.
**

"What are you doing here?" Cayla angrily spats out at me sitting in the treehouse

That phrase. It sounds familiar. The memorey is coming back to me.

It was the day I told Cayla I was moving. She got mad at me and we fought.

"What are you doing here!" She said that day

"I'm sorry." I hung my head not wanting to cry

"You can't just leave me! We're best friends!" She shouted

"Cayla I'm sorry!" I responded

"No you're not" she cut deep

"Yes I am! My mom just died and my dad is taking me away from her home! The place that we laughed! The place that she loved me! And its all being taken away. Its all going to be gone. And my daddy promised me it would work out. He said he would be there more if we moved. And I need that right now. I need my Daddy." I started out screaming but by the end my voice was quite finally admitting the truth.

She looked at me and hugged me sitting there together.

Right now in this moment I need her. I need that friend who was there. But really I need to be that friend. She needs to tell me the truth.

"Cayla" I pat down on the floor next to me motioning for her to sit

She looks at me and with no hesitation sits down right next to me.

And here we are side by side together. Right were best friends should. No matter what. Even if we're fighting if my best friend needs me none of that matters.

Thanks for reading this chapter please comment and vote! Also this chapter is dedicated to BandGeeks1729 for all of her love and support! Go read her storiesn