Chapter 34: Home

Finally my flight has landed. I am going home. Just what I need after all of this.

I still haven't checked my phone at all. Its been dead since after the funereal and I haven't had the energy to charge it. The plane lands and I get off heading towards my car,which is parked in the garage here.

My dad stayed up at Papa's. There is still some legal work for him to get done so he's up there figuring it all out.

I unlock my car and sit in the drivers seat. I plug in my phone and rest my head on the steering wheel. I'm so tired from everything I just need to get home.

Right as I get to a stop light I check my phone. When I see all of the messages I freak out.

I forget to tell Nathan about everything! Including me leaving. I didn't tell Cayla either!

I pull up to my house and see both of their cars in the driveway. Caylahas a key to !my house so they must be inside.

I walk in, dreading the consequences I must face.

"Aly! They both and pull me into a hug"

Well if this is a consequence then really life is pretty great.

And then it hits me. Literally, Cayla slaps me right as they both pull away from the hug.

"Don't you ever disappear like that again!" She exclaims

I look down in an attempt to look as sorry as I feel. Which is very.

When I look at Nathan is when I loose it. His blue eyes are filled with hurt. I just want to crawl under a rock and die.

"Nathan" my voice sounds so soft "I am so sorry"

Cayla, getting the sense that we need to talk, pats my shoulder as she walks out.

"Alison, I can't even look at you right now" he chokes out

My stomach drops in despair.

"Please Nathan, let me explain" I reach out to him but he pulls away.

Then he says "I love you" and walks out.
**

When the door shut my body does the same. I break down. My knees slam to the cold wood floor as hot tears stream down myt face.

My hands are hugging my body. I'm squeezing myself tighter and tighter. As if this pain will help me to forget. I have lost him.

I let my head hang until my whole body finally hits the floor. I heard a crack and that may have been my skull,but I don't care. I fall asleep.
**

That's it. Really short, please comment and vote. Also go listen to that song, its really sad but I love it.