Chapter 4: Old Friends

The next morning its Saturday. Which is nice because I have a weekend to calm down.

I decide to stay in bed all day. Sometimes I drive up to my old town to visit my best friend, Cayla.

But I'm just too tired. Tired of everything that's happened to me.

Around 3 I get a call from Cayla. I hesitate. Not knowing if I should answer. I know if I do she'll know some things wrong.

I don't know if I should tell her. She'll be worried. And mad. And when she's mad she does crazy things. She could confront Jessica or something.

That's the last thing I need. I don't need any fights. Too much drama.

I decide to answer anyways. She's my best friend and I could use a little bit of laughter.

"Hello" I say in a "sick" voice hoping she won't be upset that I didn't visit her.

"Hey Ally, I miss you. Why didn't u visit me!?!"

"Sorry Cayla. I'm sick today. Too sick to visit"

"Aww my besties sick. Well lucky for you I just got a car!!!" She squeals "Don't worry I'll drive down. I'll see you in a few hours!!! Byeee"

"No Cayla wait...." I try to stop
her but she's already hung up.

She is so clueless sometimes. Either that or she knows some things up. Which would not surprise me. She knows me more than I know myself sometimes.

I spemd the next two hours staying in bed watching Netflix. I do get up once to get some watermelon from the fridge but that's all.

The rest of the day is spent in bed. When I finally check my phone I realize that its already 6.

I begin to get worried. Wondering where Cayla is. What if something happened? What if she got in an accident?

All these thoughts are going through my mind when the doorbell rings. I open to thankfully find Cayla.

"Ahhh" she screams as she embrasses me into a hug

I kind of stand there awkwardly. I've never been much of a hugger.

"Cayla where were you??? I've been so worried!! I thought something happened to you! You should really call!" I stop when I realize I sound like a mom not a friend

"Ugh Alison ur such a mom" I swear she can read my mind.

I blush and look down embarrassed that she knows me too well.

"And I was late because I had to pick up all this." She pulls out two frappacinnos, cookies, ice cream, and chocolate.

"Oh my gosh!! Are you trying to make me fat!?!?" I squeal

"Don't worry bout it babe you're skinny enough. I knew something was wrong the second you tryed to be sick on the phone. So I called for an emergency girl night. And we'll be watching our favirote movies all night."

"Aww Cayla! You did not have to do all this. And wait so you have Clueless, Pitch Perfect, and Mean Girls!!!"

"Um obviously! Only the best for my best friend"

We both laugh and go up to my room to stuff our faces and watch amazing movies.
**
Most of our time was nice until well until Cayla started to try to figure out what was wrong.

"So Alison, whats wrong" she says this with such honesty I feel bad for not wanting to say anything

"Its nothing... It's just.... Nothing... I I" and then came the tears

I told her everything. I told her about Jessica and the rumors and the coffee shop visits and everything.

After I was finished she just held me well I cried my heart out. She calmed me down.

Eventually she had to leave thofuh. She had practice for band in the morning.

"Listen Aly. I will always be there for you. And I really want to go kill that bitch Jessica but you don't want me to so I won't. But if this gets any worse promise me you'll call me. Got it?"

"Yes I promise. And thank you. I've missed you. Have a safe ride home. Love you"

"Love you too" She gives me one last hug and walks out.

Hoped you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment!! Also just to warn you there is a short story version of this that I wrote so I wouldn't recommend reading it if you don't want to know the end of the story!! Thanks again for reading :)