Chapter 26: Confronting

"Alsion, get up. You're late for school" I look up to see my dad gently shaking me awake

Was last night a dream? I look at my alarm clock. It reads 10:30. Nope it definitely was not a dream. This is late for my dad to be up. Only one thing would keep him from getting up early and reading the newspaper, something he and mom used to do every morning together.

I get up and throw clothes on. I'll make it to 4th maybe 3rd. I rush to the bathroom and brush my teeth quickly. Well as quick as a minute could be. I pull out my handy dandy floss and floss away. Then a brush sprints through my straight hair. And now I am ready.

Taking a deep breathe I head down the stairs not knowing how to act around my dad. I don't think he knows that I know. I should just keep my mouth shut. I mean its not like its a repeated thing. Its just one time since last time. He's fine.

My dad is ironically sitting at the table reading the paper.

I swing open the fridge and a cold gust of wind blasts my face. I shiver.

Hmmm. What to grab? My eyes spot strawberries in the back of the fridge! I get excited and grab the strawberries.

"Oh honey, those aren't for you. They're Julie's" my dad inputs without looking up

"Excuse me?" I answer shocked

Since when did she store food in our fridge.

"She left them here last night."

And then before I knew what I was doing I shouted "Last night!? Oh you mean when you were drunk off your ass!"

My dad looks at me kind of surprised "Alison, that is nothing of your concern"

"Oh really? Nothing of my concern? As if! You're my dad! When you get wasted it effects me too!" By now my dad is standing up obviously realizing the strength of my anger

"Alsion! Stop this right now! What has gotten into you?" His voice is stern

This just makes me angrier. My face turns red. I can feel it heating up as the anger builds. Higher and higher until its as high as a stoner on National Pot Day.

"What has gotten into me. Don't you remember what happened last time! I blame Julie! She's not good for your daddy! I hate her! And her stupid strawberries too!" I slam the bowl on the ground and run out of the house

I start up my car and hit the gas, speeding to school.

So much for not mentioning anything. He's just been acting so different latley. I don't know what's gotten into him. More like who's gotten into him. I meant what I said. She's only here for my dads money. And the title for dating a lawyer. She left my dad home alone drun. Anything could have happened. He could have went driving. He could have gotten arrested. And Julie just doesn't care.

I would say I hate her but I can't. I don't think you can truly hate someone unless you've loved them before. So she's not even worth hating. I strongly dislike her.

I bring my car to a parking spot and angrily rush inside to school. I sign in at the front desk and walk to fourth period which had just started.

"Alison! How are you?" My teacher welcomes me with a warm smile.

I give a small smile back and hand her the pass I was given at the office. I rush over to my seat and whip out my notebook.

I scribble down the notes. Still mad I almost rip the page I was writing on.

And this is how my day goes. Me being mad all day. Ripping things in art. Not being polite to every nice person. Just in a bad mood.

When I get in my car I take off towards my safe place. To my life savor.

"Hey ,cutie" Nathan calls out to me from the counter. He's wiping it downs probably dirty from a day of drinks.

"Hey." I mutter as I begin to talk over to the back room. I walk fast and with purpose hoping he won't realize I'm upset

Much to my dismay he notices. I feel hands pulling and my waist and twisting my body around. "Hey Alison, what's wrong?"

I look at him and avert my eyes downward. "Nothing"

"Alison" he puts my hand in his "talk to me"

I turn my head away knowing if I look into his eyes I'll crack "Nathan, nothings wrong, really I'm fine" I try to sound reassuring

Suddenly the door opens and in walks two people. Nathan sighs and turns around knowing he has a job to do.

"We're not done with our talk yet" he points out as he walks backwards towards the register

I turn around and walk to the back room. I lay down on the couch and immediately feel the exhaust from the day. In no time I escape to dream land.
**

"Alison" I'm being shaken gently

I open my eyes and see Nathan hovering over me.

I yawn "What time is it?"

"Its 7. I just closed up for the night. I want to spend time with you" he sits down next to me and I cuddle up to him

"You didn't have to do that"

"Yes I did, I need to know what's bothering you"

"Nathan... Its nothing I want to talk about alright?"

"No. That's not alright. You're my girlfriend and I need to know what's wrong"

Right as I hear this I stop and think. Wow. Now that I think about it I realize that he's never actually called me his girlfriend. But I mean that's really what we are. Girlfriend and boyfriend. We've said I love you to each other.

I smile and look up at him "You've never called me that"

He looks at me a little bit confused. The brightness lights up his cute little face. He chuckles "Well I mean that's what we are. I never thought I would have to say. Its kind of assumed"

I smile and kiss him. "I love you" I finish when we pull apart.

Nathan, obviously forgetting that I'm upset, gets up and walks to the fridge. On his way back he gets pale for a second. He looks winded.

"Nathan?" I question getting scared

"I'm alright" he takes a deep breathe and goes back to normal

That was weird. We was fine and then not fine and then fine again. I hope he's alright. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my life savor.

It has been so long!! Like honestly I haven't updated in forever!! Don't worry I'll be updating once more this weekend. I think I will at least. Can I just say that yesterday the Zoey 101 time capsule episode was on and I wanted to die. I mean if you know what it is and you watched it you feel my pain. I feel old! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! <3