Chapter 28: Plans

Wildfires are really a lot like life. They mess things up. But they also help things grow. Sometimes you have a really good day and sometimes you have the worst day. But sometimes they get out of control. Sometimes they hurt too much. They burn trees to the point that you can't get up again. They harm and injure a living plant. Which is why they are like life. Life can get you down. Down the the point that you can't get up anymore. And even if you could, why would you? Why would you get up just to be put back down? Why keep fighting? Because eventually you'll just be burned again. Next thing you known you're just a pile of ashes. Laying there. So sad.

I finished typing all of that into my computer. Its supposed to be my monlogue for next week. My presentation. Somehow I'll have to try that in front of people. In front of the bullies. I don't know what to do. I know that it will need some tweeking in the next week.

I am so tired right now. From the hospital to my dad to Nathan. Its all wearing me out. I am really worried about him. I'm just scared.

I feel vibration going through my legs and I look down at my phone. And incoming call from Cayla appears and I answer.

"Hello?"

"Aly! Nathan texted me about yesterday! I am so sorry I didn't come! My car broke down and I was trying to get a ride but by the time it happened and oh my gosh!! I am so sorry-"

I cut her off because she has been non stop talking "Cayla, you're fine. Actually I was wondering if you would come over? Sleepover maybe?"

"Omg! Yes!! I would love to! I'm on my way!" She hangs up before I can say see you soon.

I love my best friend. I have about two hours until she comes so I text Nathan.

Me: Hey, you want to come over for a bit?

Nathan: Yeah I'm on my way

I smile before answering

Me: Love you

Nathan: I know

Before I can give a sassy remark he sends

Nathan: Jk, I love you more

I smile to myself and lock my phone. Then I head upstairs and take a quick shower. When I'm done I put on pajamas and head downstairs.

When I get down there I scream so loud I'm surprised the windows didn't break.

"Aly! Calm down!" Nathan calmly says walking towards me

"Oh god. Nathan you can't just come inside and scare me." I mumble into his arms that are now wrapped around me.

He takes my hand and leads me towards the couch. I just cuddle up against him. I can feel my head move as he breathes. This is what I need. Stability.

"Alison?" Nathan whispers holding up our intertwined hands

"Hmm?" I mummer

"I need you to promise me something." He says softly

I look up into his blue eyes ,that I could get lost in, waiting for his response.

"Just promise me that whatever happens, that we'll be able to get through life without each other"

"Nathan" I sit up now alert "What's going on?"

"Nothing! I was just thinking about life. And how delicate it is. It can be there and gone in a minute. And I need to know that no matter what either one of us will be able to live without each other" his tone is so desperate its scaring me