Chapter 13: Surprises

Wanita comes to pick me up right on time. For some reason she seems some what excited.

When we pull into my driveway I find out why.

"Is this for real!?!?" I squeal out

"Sì, your Dad had it delivered" she says in her Spanish accent.

I squeal once more and get out of the car to find my brand new blue Mustang Gt.

I can't believe this! If I had a car I wouldn't be able to accept this!! This is amazing.

Its my dream car. My mom had a car just like this!!

Wanita says goodbye and enjoy and drives off.

I run inside where I find keys on the counter. I run outside and get in.

I start driving towards the hospital. I have to tell Cayla! Awake or not awake.

When I get there I go into her room and make the announcement "Cayla you won't believe this!!! I got my dream car!!"

Her parents look up and give me a warm smile.

"You know, you come here everyday and make us smile. You come and visit your best friend and act like nothing is wrong. Its very sweet. " her mom says this while her dad nods in agreement.
"I know she would do that same for me"

And with that I walk out to go take my car for a ride.

When I finally get home I find a car in my driveway. I don't regonize it at all.

When I walk up to the front door I am surprised to see Nathan sitting on the bench.

"Oh um hi." I say the quietly.

"Alison. I'm sorry, ok? I just, I don't like getting close to people. And I know I hurt you but I think, I might, well I think I might love you."

Tears form in my eyes and I don't know why. I should be happy. "Nathan why didn't you come after me that day?"

"I don't know. I should have and I didn't. I messed up." He looks down as he says this obviously embarrassed

"Nathan I just need time. Time to think about all this. Alright?"

"Oh ok. You know where to find me then."

He slowly walks away as he's if waiting for me to tell him to stop. But I don't say anything.
**

That night while in sitting on the couch eating I realized that in all the excitement I forgot to call my dad.

I pick up my phone and dial his number. "Hey Daddy!!!! Thanks you thank you thank you!!"

"Hey sweetie. No problem anything for you" he sounds very tired.

"Are you okay Daddy? You sound tired?"

"Yes I'm fine, I am just a little tired. I have a big case coming up. I'll call you later. Bye love you"

"Bye Daddy, get some sleep, love you too"

We both hang up. And then my thoughts wander once again to Nathan.

What should I do? I have no idea.
I really like him. And he said that he loves me. That's a big thing for someone to say.

And he did come over here. But he didn't come after me that day. He let me leave hurt.

And I have so many other things going on. But I do need someone who you know, isn't in a comma.

This is so hard. I have no idea what to do. Its times like this I wish I had my mom to talk to.

I decide its time to go to sleep for the night. I walk up to my room and get in bed.

But I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about him. About Cayla. About my dad.

Sometimes I really wish my mind would shut up so I can go to sleep.

Around 4 in the morning I get up and start reading. After reading for an hour I try to go to sleep again.

And I can't. By now I just decide to stay up anyways. I have to leave in a few hours anyways.

When its time for school I drive there and walk into school. I fall asleep in all my classes.

I don't even think about Jessica when we a class together.

When I wake up I hear laughter. I wake up to find everyone looking at their phones.

My stomach sinks when I see all this. Last time this happened it wasn't good.

I pull out my phone and check it. There's a picture of me sleeping. Under it is a caption that says something really gross that I don't feel like writing.

Use your imagination.

The teacher is trying to calm everyone down. I just get up and walk towards Jessica.

All I say is "What did I ever do to you?"

She looks at me and says "Think about it"

I walk out and I do what she says. I think about it.

What did I ever do? I really didn't do anything.

I get into my new car and drive home. When I get inside I sit down and think.

And think some more.

But I can't think of anything.

After thinking through the afternoon the phone starts to ring.

I get up and answer it. Its the school calling. They want to talk to my dad about me leaving school.

Sighing I give them his new phone number and they call him.
But he doesn't call me all night. Which is weird. I would expect him to call. Or something. But he doesn't.

Realizing the time I get in my car and drive to the hospital quickly. I get there with 5 minutes left of visiting hours.

Nothing has changed yet. She's still not awake. I sigh and think maybe tomorrow.

Hopefully soon.

That's all for this chapter. Vote and leave a comment!!! What do you think will happen with Nathan???