Beautiful

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

Merlin and I were walking together along the road that led to Camelot. We finally reached our destination. We stopped in front of the front gates, and I stared in amazement. It was beautiful. I saw many people going in the same direction, so I grabbed Merlin by his arm, and dragged him the same way to see what the whole fuss was about. When we got there, we were in front of the castle, where there was a huge crowd of people. There was something in the middle, but I couldn't see what it was since there was too many people around me. Then, I heard the horns blowing, and right after that drums playing. I looked to my right, and saw two guards holding a man, with his hands chained behind his back. They led him up the stairs of the platform, and then I realized what was going on. He was going to be executed.
"Let this serve as a lesson to all." I looked to my left, and saw the King standing on the balcony. "This man, Thomas James Collins, is judged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments, and magic. And pursuant to the laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned, on penalty of death. I pride myself a fair and just King. But for the crime of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass." With that speech, he nodded toward the guards. I looked in that direction, and saw them forcing Thomas on his knees, and forcing his head on the log. I gripped Merlin's hand so hard, that I thought I heard his bones cracking. The Cut rose the ax in his hands, and obviously waited for the King's command. I couldn't stand to look anymore, so I buried my face in Merlin's shoulder, and he put his arm around me in a comforting way. I don't even know what happened, but I heard everyone gasp, so I'm guessing that everything was over. "When I came to this land," I looked up at the King again. "this kingdom was mired in chaos. But with the people's help, magic was driven from the realm. So I declare a festival, to celebrate 20 years from when the Great Dragon was captured, and Camelot freed from the evil of sorcery... Let the celebrations begin!" When he finished, everyone turned around to leave, but froze dead in their tracks once we heard wailing and weeping of a woman. People moved out of her way, and now she was standing in the middle of the crowd. She was an old woman, and had tears in her eyes.
"There is only one evil in this land, and it is not magic... It is you! With your hatred, and your ignorance... You just took my son!" She sobbed, pointing to where the dead body was, and I felt really bad for her. "But I promise you, before the celebrations are over you'll share my tears! An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a son, for son!" She said, or actually threatened, her voice cracking at the end.
"Seize her!" The King ordered, and guards started running towards her, but before they could get to her, she muttered a spell under her breath, and vanished into thin air. The King left immediately, as did everyone else.
"Come on, let's go." Merlin said softly, and I nodded, wiping the tear I didn't even realize that fell on my cheek. We walked towards two guards that were standing near the entrance. I stopped in front of the one on the right and smiled.
"Where will we find Gaius, the Court Physician?" I asked politely, and he just stood there, gawking at me, until the other guard hit him in the arm, and he snapped out of it.
"There." He told me, pointing to the stairs behind him, completely ignoring Merlin. I smiled at him one more time, and then I felt Merlin's hand grab mine, and pulling me behind him.
"Would you stop that?" He asked, and I looked at him innocently.
"What are you talking about?" I asked him with an innocent smile on my face.
"Stop flirting." Well, that shocked me.
"I was not flirting!" He just rolled his eyes, and continued pulling me upstairs. "Merlin! I'm not even pretty! How am I supposed to flirt? Even if I wanted to, I can't." I told him, because that is what I honestly think.
"Anna! Are you blind?! Every single man literally falls at your feet! You are a beautiful, young woman, and you need to see that!" He told me, and all I saw in his eyes was honesty, so I just sighed and kept walking.