Valiant

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

Morgana and Gwen went to the market before the reception for the Knights competing in the Tournament. I heard the door open, but I didn't turn around. I just kept cleaning Morgana's dresser.
"Oh, you're back already?" I asked, slowly turning around. "I thought you were goi-" I cut myself off as I realized it was King Uther standing in the doorway, not Morgana and Gwen. I quickly snapped out of my shock and dropped to a low curtsy. "My Lord. I'm sorry I thought you were the Lady Morgana." I explained, rising from my curtsy. King Uther looked at me, and... Smiled?
"It's alright, I was actually looking for you, Annabelle." He said, and I looked at him, genuinely confused.
"May I ask why?" I asked, and that's when I noticed that he was holding a dress in his hands. Now I'm even more confused than before.
"Well, as you know, the reception for the Knights is being held in the throne room in a hour." He started, and I nodded. He then continued. "And, as you know, Morgana is my ward, and she is a very beautiful lady." I nodded, but I was still confused as to why he needed to speak to me. "But, you my dear, are even more beautiful in the eyes of all men." At that, I almost chocked on air, and could barely breathe. I was very tempted to interrupt and protest, and the only thing that stopped me from doing so was the reminder that he is the King. "I saw all the Knights glancing at you whilst competing, and though I don't agree with it, since you are only a servant, I want you to become the Lady Annabelle." He said, and I looked at him with wide eyes."The price for winning the Tournament is to be crowned Champion, but the Council and myself agree that the price of escorting you to the Feast will be an even greater price. It will also make the Knights fight harder, and it will give the People the entertainment they desire." I stared at him, speechless. "Of course, since you are only a servant you won't be a Lady all the time. But the Knights don't know you are a servant, so for the time being, until the Tournament is over, you will be the Lady Annabelle. After the Knights leave, you will go back to your usual life and duties. Do you agree to the terms?" He asked, but it was obvious that he won't take 'no' for an answer. I nodded, still not being able to speak. "Very good. For the time of pretending, you will move to the chambers next to Morgana's, and you will get a maid immediately." I nodded, and he nodded back at me, turning around to leave. He then must have remembered something, because he turned back around. "And you will wear this for the reception. I expect to see you in the throne room in a hour." He said, handing me the dress he was carrying. I curtsied, and he walked out of the room. Once the door closed, I slumped into the chair closest to me.
I cannot believe this just happened. How am I supposed to do this? I sighed heavily, and looked at the dress from the King. My eyes widened. It was beautiful! Am I able to do this?

*At the Reception for the Knights*

I was standing next to Morgana, with Gwen on my right, though slightly in the back. I explained everything to them and they were, unlike me, ecstatic about this. The Knight in the yellow cloak that caught my eye came up to the King and bowed.
"Knight Valiant of the Western Isles, My Lord." He introduced himself. Uther looked at him.
"I saw you fighting today. You have a very aggressive start." Uther said, and Valiant nodded.
"As my Lord said: 'To loose is to be disgraced.'" Valiant quoted, and and Uther put a hand on his shoulder.
"I couldn't agree more." He nodded, and pushed him lightly towards me and Morgana. "Knight Valiant, may I present the Lady Morgana, my ward, and her friend and our guest in Camelot, the Lady Annabelle." He introduce Valiant, giving me look that told me to remember that I'm a Lady now. Morgana and I smiled at Valiant, and Morgana nudged me discreetly.
Valiant went up to Morgana first, since she was closer to the King, and kissed her hand.
"My Lady." He bowed his head, and Morgana gave him a nod with a smile. He then walked up to me. He took my hand and placed a gentle kiss on it, never breaking eye contact with me. "My Lady." He bowed his head respectfully, still holding my hand.
"I saw you competing today." I said with a smile.
"I saw you watching." He nodded, and then looked at Arthur briefly, who was waiting in the line with other Knights further in the back, before turning his head back to me. "I understand the Tournament Champion has the honor of escorting My Lady to the Feast?" He asked, and I nodded with a smile.
"That's correct." I answered, and he smiled a small smile.
"Then I will give everything to win the Tournament." He said with a flirtatious twinkle in his eyes. I smiled at him. "My Lady." He bowed his head one more time, let go of my hand, and then walked away to speak with the other Knights. I smiled to myself, and turned my gaze back at the Knights. Morgana smirked, and leaned in closer to whisper something to me.
"Well, it seems you already stole a heart of a competitor." She teased, and I pushed her back playfully.
We were introduced to few more Knights, and then it was Arthur's turn. He walked up to the King and bowed.
"Arthur." Uther greeted, and Arthur nodded.
"Father." He then walked over to Morgana. I noticed him look hatefully at Valiant, though it was only for about two seconds, so I wasn't sure if I saw right.
"They all seem rather impressed by Knight Valiant."Morgana said with a smirk. Arthur looked at her with a teasing smile.
"They're not the only ones. Annabelle seems to be very impressed by him," At that he looked at me, and I smiled innocently. He rolled his eyes playfully and then looked back at Morgana. "but you seem to be impressed by him as well." He finished, and Morgana looked at him with mock pity.
"Well I like him. So what? You're not jealous are you?" She teased him, and he smirked.
"I don't see anything to be jealous of." He fired back, and she glared at him. I discreetly place my left hand on her arm to comfort her. He then walked over to me, and smiled. He took my hand, and placed a gently kiss on it, never breaking eye contact with me. My hand tingled at his touch. "My Lady." He bowed his head, and I nodded at him with a small smile. He smiled back at me and then walked over to the other Knights. Again, I saw him and Valiant exchange hateful glances. I looked at him for about five more seconds, and then looked back at Morgana as she addressed Gwen and I.
"Could Arthur be any more annoying?" She asked, and I chuckled slightly, whilst Gwen smiled a small smile. "I still hope Knight Valiant wins the Tournament." She said, and Gwen looked at her slightly shocked.
"You don't really mean that." Gwen said, shaking her head. Morgana looked at her.
"Yes, I do." She said, and then turned her gaze to the rest of the Knights. I just looked down for a minute.
To be honest, I had no idea who I'd rather be escorted by. Both Valiant and Arthur were handsome. One was the King's son, the other one was a Knight. Arthur was able to joke around, and Valiant was a gentleman. But there was something else. I really like Valiant, but Arthur's touch gave me a tingling feeling, and to be honest... I longed for his touch. I think I might have started falling for him. Oh no.