What Have You Done?!

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

I was cleaning Morgana's dresser, and she was sitting on a chair in front of a small table, filling out some papers. I was supposed to have time off as her maid, but I had to do something to keep myself busy and not think of those bodies that were lied out in the courtyard. Gwen was on the other side of the room, putting the flowers she got for Morgana in a vase. Suddenly, Arthur's voice filled my ears.
"Seize her!" I looked at Morgana with a confused expression, and she returned the same look. I then heard a clang, and shared a look with Morgana before quickly putting the cloth I wiped the dust with, and Morgana quickly got up, and we both made our way to the other side of her chambers. "Guinevere, I'm arresting you for crimes and contravention to the laws of Camelot, and you did practice enchantments." Arthur declared, and Morgana and I ran out from the other side of the room.
"Gwen?!" We both exclaimed when we saw two guards dragging her out of the chambers.
"What have I done?! I haven't done anything!" She panicked, and then looked over her shoulder to look at us. "Help me, please!" She called. I took a deep breath and turned around to face Arthur.
"What are you doing?!" I exclaimed, and he looked at me with, what I thought is, regret in his eyes.
"I've found a magic poultice in her house." Morgana looked at him as if he grew a second head, but I was frozen where I stood. A magic poultice. The only poultice that could cure someone from this illness was the one I made. Which means only one thing. Merlin did this.
"Oh, that's ridiculous!" Morgana scoffed, and Arthur turned around to look at her.
"How else would you explain her father's recovery?" He inquired, and Morgana and I both shook our heads.
"Well she's innocent!" I exclaimed, knowing perfectly well that it wasn't her who used magic. It was the idiot I call my brother. "I know she's innocent!"
"Well, what can I do?!" He shouted at me, and I flinched a little at the tone of his voice. His softened when he noticed that, and he looked at me with regret. "I'm sorry, Anna. But I can't turn a blind eye." And with that, he left. Morgana and I both exchanged looks of pure panic, before running out of her chambers. She made her way to the throne room, but I made my way over to Gaius's chambers.
Once I got there, I threw the door open, and looked at Merlin and Gaius. I quickly closed the door behind me, and looked at my brother, absolutely outraged.
"What have you done?!" Both Gaius and I yelled at him, and he looked back and forth between us.
"What?" He asked innocently.
"I warned you!..." Gaius trailed off, and I took my chance.
"You stole the poultice I made!" I shouted, and he looked at me with a pleading look, but I just continued. "And you used the spell I found in the book of magic to start the healing! What were you thinking?!" I saw Merlin's expression, and nodded sarcastically. "Oh, I understand. You thought you were doing good!" I exclaimed sarcastically, and he looked at me in disbelief.
"I couldn't just let her father die knowing I could cure him!" He defended himself, and this time I looked at him in disbelief.
"Didn't you think it might look a bit suspicious? Hm? The curing of only one man?!" I yelled, and he looked down, not knowing what to say.
"Well then... All I have to do is... I'll cure everyone!" He exclaimed, and I looked at him as if he were nuts.
"But you don't even have an idea how to make the poultice! It was I who made it, and you stole it from me to cure the girl you are in love with's father! Do you want to know why I didn't use the poultice?! Because I knew that if I cured only one person, someone else would get blamed!!" I shouted at him, and he looked down in shame.
"Anna's right, Merlin." Gaius backed me up. "Besides, it's too late. They think Gwen is a sorceress and that she caused the disease."
"But she didn't!" Merlin exclaimed, and started making his way out the door.
"Oh!" I exclaimed sarcastically, and looked at him. "And how are you going to prove that?!" He just looked at me for couple of seconds, and then walked out. I looked at Gaius, and he sighed. I looked at him with panic, and then quickly ran out the door.
I bumped into Morgana in front of the throne room, and I looked at her with tears in my eyes.
"What's going to happen to Gwen?" I asked, fearing the answer. She sighed and looked at me.
"I don't know." She whispered, and I felt a tear run down my cheek. She must have seen it, because she wiped it away and quickly pulled me into a hug. I felt something wet on my shoulder, and realized that she was crying as well. We pulled away and wiped our cheeks so that no one would see we cried.
"We have to do something." I stated strongly, and she nodded in agreement.
"I know. But for now, all I can do is try to persuade Uther to let her go, but I doubt he'll agree. The only person that might have a slight chance at changing his mind is Arthur." She said, and then we both walked into the throne room. I made my way over to the side, whilst Morgana walked over to stand next to Gwen, who was on her knees in front of Uther, who sat on his throne.
"I believe you." Morgana stated strongly, and walked over to stand in front of the King. "Perhaps this is a disease that is not always fatal." She said, and Uther looked at her. "Have you thought of that?... Perhaps he recovered naturally."
"What of this poultice that was found?" Uther asked, and Morgana looked down at Gwen.
"What poultice? I don't know anything about a poultice." Gwen defended herself, and Uther looked at her.
"It was found in your house." He said, and stood up from his throne. I looked at Gwen with fear, not knowing what to expect from Uther. "Undo this enchantment. Put an end to this contagion." He ordered, and Gwen shook her head.
"I can't." She tried to explain, but Uther wouldn't listen.
"I can show you no mercy." He said quietly, almost threateningly.
"I am not a witch! I don't know how to stop the illness!" Gwen exclaimed, and I looked at her with tears in my eyes.
"If you will not undo your sorcery, you force my hand, and I must find you guilty." He stated, and I gasped quietly.
"But I've told you, I-" Gwen tried to explain herself, but Uther wouldn't have it, and interrupted her.
"Therefor it is my duty to pronounce judgement... And under this circumstance I have no choice, but to sentence you to death." I covered my mouth with my hand to contain my sobs, and looked at Arthur with tears that were now spilling out of my eyes. Even though I haven't known Gwen for long, she was already like a sister to me. He looked at me for a second, but then quickly looked down.
"No." Gwen gasped, shaking her head.
"I can only hope that when you die this evil plague dies with you." Two guards grabbed Gwen be her arms, and pulled her up to her feet.
"No." She sobbed.
"Take her away." Uther ordered the guards, and they started dragging Gwen away.
"No! Please no, I'm innocent! PLEASE, PLEASE!! NO!!! Please help me!!! Please I beg you!!!!!" She screamed as the guards dragged her out of the throne room. I just couldn't take it anymore. I ran out with sobs escaping my lips and tears falling down my cheeks.

*Arthur's P.O.V.*

I have never felt so guilty in my life. I knew that Guinevere didn't do it. I saw the truth in her eyes. But that was not the worst thing about this whole situation. It was the way Annabelle looked at me. Her eyes held so much pain and sadness. She looked at me as if it was my fault. And it was. And I just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't stand the way she looked at me. I had to try to persuade Father to let Guinevere go. For Anna's sake.