The Dragon's Call

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

"Annabelle..." My eyes shot open at the sound of this voice. What is wrong with me? Am I imagining it? "Annabelle..." No, I definitely didn't imagine this. I sat up in my bed and looked over at Merlin. He was also awake.
"You heard that too?" I asked and he nodded. I'm wondering why he heard it... No one else seemed to. Maybe it's because we're siblings?
I quickly jumped out of bed and put on my shoes. Merlin did the same thing and slowly opened the door. Once it was open big enough for us to walk through, he quickly walked out of the room. I grabbed my cloak and followed him. Whilst I was closing the door quietly behind us, I heard a crash. I whipped around and saw Merlin standing next to broken pieces of glass. I gave him a stern look and he just looked at me apologetically. I was about to walk over to him when I heard Gaius groaning in his sleep. I stopped dead in my tracks slowly turned my head to look at him. Thankfully he just turned on the other side, still sleeping. I was about to continue walking, but I noticed that more than half of the blanket slipped off of his body. I felt my eyes flash gold and the blanket moved back and covered him gently. He continued to snore loudly, I smiled a small, soft smile and then followed Merlin. I put on my cloak, and we quietly made our way out of the chambers.
We got to the courtyard and stopped in the middle.
"Where do we go now?" Merlin asked, and to be honest... I had no idea. I was about to say something, but then I heard the voice again.
"Annabelle..." I looked at Merlin and then we both turned to where the voice seemed to be coming from.Then, we did the only thing we could do... We followed it. We walked through the courtyard and eventually ended up on the stairs that led to the jail cells. We quietly made our way down the stairs, but stopped once we saw the two guards sitting there playing a board game. I looked at Merlin, and he shrugged. Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. I turned back to the guards and used my magic to make the dices roll of the table.The guards looked at each other, confused and then one of them got up to get it but I moved it further away. He went further to get it, but I just moved it again. He went further, but I moved it even further. The second guard got up and followed him. They eventually made their way out through the opened gate, and Merlin and I ran down the stairs quietly. Merlin grabbed a torch and lit it, and we both made our way through the dark corridor. On the left side was an open gate with a staircase behind it. I was about to pass it and follow Merlin further ahead, when I heard the voice again. "Annabelle..." It was coming from the gate.
"Merlin." I called quietly. He turned around and looked at me. I motioned for him to come over. He looked at me strangely but obeyed. Once he was next to me, I pointed to the staircase. He got the message, and nodded. He lead the way downstairs and I followed him closely.
"Annabelle..." I looked at Merlin and he looked at me. We both nodded and turned to the left where the voice came from. The corridor seemed to lead to a dead end, since there was only a stack of logs at the end. Merlin looked around helplessly. "Annabelle..." It called again, but this time from the right. I looked in that direction, but it was too dark and I couldn't see anything, so I poked Merlin lightly in the ribs and pointed in the direction. He nodded and started walking in the direction I pointed at. Once the light of the torch collided with darkness, I saw that it was another corridor. We walked through the corridor and then we saw a dim light ahead. Once we reached it, I saw a gigantic cave right in front us. We stopped on the edge, and suddenly we heard a laugh. Merlin looked down and tried to find the source of it, but I looked up instead.
"Where are you?" I called and looked around. We didn't hear anything for the first few seconds, but then we heard a roar and flapping of wings. We both looked up, startled by what we saw. It was a dragon. A huge, magnificent dragon. He landed with a loud thud on the rock in front of us, making us both jump backwards and Merlin to push me behind him protectively. He looked down at us, and we both stared at him in amazement.
"I'm here." He replied in the same voice that was calling my name. We both still stared at him in shock and amazement. "How small you are... For such a great destiny." He said, looking at me. His eyes held wisdom. I looked at him confused.
"Why? What do you mean?" He just looked at me. "What destiny?" I clarified.
"Your gift, Annabelle, was given to you for a reason." He said, and then looked at my brother. "Yours as well, although your destiny is much smaller... But it is as important as your sister's."
"So there is, a reason." My brother said, clearly wanting to know more. The Dragon smiled.
"Arthur is the Once and Future King who will unite the land of Albion." Merlin looked at him skeptically.
"Right?" He said, totally unconvinced.
"But he faces many threats, from friend, and foe alike." The Dragon continued.
"I don't see what this has to do with us." I said, confused.
"Everything." The Dragon exclaimed. "Without you two, Arthur will never succeed. With out you, there will be no Albion."
"No." My brother shook his head. "No, you've got this wrong... Maybe not about Anna, but about me you did."
"There is no right, or wrong. Only what is, and what isn't." The Dragon stated.
"No, I'm serious if anyone wants to kill him, they can go ahead! In fact I'll give them a hand!" Merlin exclaimed. I giggled and the Dragon chuckled.
"None of us can choose our destiny, Merlin... And none of us can escape it."The Dragon said.
"No. No way. No, no." My brother shook his head. "There must be another Arthur because this one's an idiot." He exclaimed.
"Perhaps it's your sister's destiny to change that, seeing as she will one day become his Queen." The Dragon said, looking at me. Merlin looked at me in shock, and I'm sure I looked at the Dragon with the same expression.
"Oh, no! There is no way this brat is going to marry my little sister!" He exclaimed, but the Dragon just looked at us for a second, and then he started to flap his wings. He then lifted himself in the air. "Wait! Wait! No, stop w-we need to know more!" Merlin called, but the Dragon just ignored us and flew away. Merlin stared after him for a while and then looked at me. "There is no way that I will ever let you marry this idiot." He said in an overprotective manner. I just smiled at him, and then we both left.
The thing is... Arthur isn't so bad. Sure, he was an idiot at first, but the way he looked at me at the market. The way he smiled. It was soft and warm. Maybe he's not an idiot. Maybe there is something under all this rudeness. Maybe this destiny actually makes sense. I mean, he is handsome. And he might even be good-hearted and wise... Only time will tell though.