The Audience

*Annabelle's P.O.V*

I quickly left my chambers as soon as Lena helped me change, and quickly made my way down to the council chambers. Once I got there, I quickly took my spot in between Morgana and Gwen. As soon as I turned around, the King walked in.
"Why have you summoned the Court?" He asked, and Arthur stepped in the middle of the room.
"I believe Knight Valiant is using a magic shield to cheat in the Tournament." He said, walking closer to the King, and leaving Merlin with his hands behind his back slightly behind him. Morgana looked at Gwen shocked, but I just kept my eyes on Merlin. He caught my gaze and nodded, letting me know that Arthur believed him. I breathed a quiet sigh of relief.
"Valiant what do you have to say this?" Uther asked, turning his gaze to Valiant.
"My Lord this is ridiculous, I've never used magic." He said, as he walked closer to the King, and looked at Arthur with hate. "Does your son have any evidence to support these outrageous accusations?"
"Do you have evidence?" Uther asked, turning his gaze to Arthur again.
"I do." Arthur nodded and gestured for Merlin to step forward. Merlin did and gave Uther the head of the snake that I beheaded. Uther carefully examined the head, whilst Valiant looked at Merlin and Arthur with pure hatred.
"Show me your shield." Uther demanded, and Valiant took out his shield from underneath his cloak. He then held it in his hands in front of Uther.
"Be careful, My Lord." Arthur said, unsheathing his sword. Uther stopped for a second and glanced at Arthur before sliding his hand across the top of the shield. I heard the door open quietly and saw Gaius coming to stand next to the stone pillar. Arthur and Merlin exchanged a few words, and then Merlin walked towards Gaius. They spoke quietly as Uther kept examining the shield.
"As you can see, My Lord, it's just an ordinary shield." Valiant said nonchalantly.
"He's not gonna let everyone see the snakes come alive!" Arthur exclaimed, looking at the Lords and Ladies of the Court.
"Then how am I to know what you say is true?" Uther interrogated. Arthur looked at his father.
"I have a witness... Knight Ewan. He was bitten by one of the snakes from the shield. Its venom made him grievously ill. However, he's received an antidote. He will confirm that Knight Valiant is using magic."He said, looking between Valiant and Uther. The King turned to look at his son.
"Where is this witness?" He asked, and Arthur looked around.
"He... Should be here." He said looking back at Merlin. I looked around and didn't see Ewan anywhere. Arthur waked up to Merlin and exchanged some words with him.
"I'm waiting!" Uther boomed, causing Morgana, Gwen and I to jump. Arthur looked at his father and looked back to the the middle of the room.
"I'm afraid the witness is dead."He said, and I looked down with a sigh.
"So you have no proof to support these allegations." Uther stated, walking closer to his son. Arthur looked down. Have you seen Valiant using magic?"
"No." Arthur admitted. Valiant looked at Uther smugly. "But... My servant fought-"
"Your servant?" Uther hissed, looking at Arthur as if he's grown a second head. "You make these outrageous accusations against a Knight, for the words of your servant?"
"I believe he's telling the truth!"
"My Lord, am I really to be judged on some 'he say' from a boy?" Valiant asked smugly.
"I've seen these snakes come alive." Merlin said, stepping from behind Arthur and in front of the King.
"How dare you interrupt?!" Uther boomed, furious. "Guards. I sighed and covered my face with my hand as two guards took Merlin by his arms and started dragging him out of the room. I felt Gwen rub my arm in comfort.
"My Lord." Valiant began.
"Wait!" Uther said, causing the guards to stop. Merlin looked at Valiant from behind his shoulder. I'm sure he was merely mistaken." Valiant stated. "I wouldn't want him punished on my account." I rolled my eyes discreetly. What kind of game is he playing?
"You see?" Uther said, getting easily fooled by Valiant 'honorable' words. "This is how a true Knight behaves." He looked at Arthur in particular. "With gallantry and honor." Arthur looked down at the floor, clearly hurt by his father's words, but Uther took no notice to his actions.
"My Lord, if your son made these accusations because he's afraid to fight me then..." Valiant started, causing both Uther and Arthur to look at him in surprise. "I will graciously accept his withdrawal." Uther looked at Arthur, whilst Valiant looked at Arthur with a smug smirk.
"Is this true?" Uther asked. "Do you wish to withdraw from the Tournament?"
"No!" Arthur exclaimed.
"Then what am I to make of these allegations? Uther asked quietly. I looked at Arthur with sympathy. He really does carry a great burden.
"Obviously there has been a misunderstanding... I... Withdraw the allegations against Knight Valiant."Arthur said, sheathing his sword. He then looked at Valiant, who was still smirking. "Please accept my apology." H said, looking down.
"I accept it." Valiant said with a smirk, obviously pleased that his plan has worked. Arthur looked at the King one more time and then turned around and quickly left the chambers. I looked at Morgana, and we both sighed. The guards that have been holding Merlin let him go, and he looked at Valiant with hate, then at Gaius who looked down, before turning around and going after Arthur.The King left shortly after. We all stayed here for one more minute, and then one by one we all left. I turned around and gave Valiant a look of pure hatred. He looked at me and smirked. "I'll see you at the Feast, My Lady." he said, and then left. I sighed in frustration. What am I supposed to do now?!