Oh, Dear

*Annabelle's P.O.V*

"Merlin, come here!" Arthur called from my and Merlin's room. "Look what I've found!" I glanced at Gaius with fear in my eyes, and then turned to look at Merlin. He stared at the door to our room for a second and then sprinted towards it. I quickly followed, praying to God that Arthur didn't discover our book of magic.
I ran up the steps and looked at Arthur and Merlin, who were standing next to my cabinet.
"I found a place where you can put things. It's called a 'cupboard'." Arthur said, and Merlin breathed a laugh, whilst I weakly smiled. Arthur then walked around me and over to the other side of the room, and that't when I got a good view of our room. It was a complete mess! there were things all over the place, the bag with my clothes was open and half of my clothes was on the floor. My shoes were all lying around my bed, and the blankets were partially on the floor. I looked around, and then at Merlin, in shock.
"Merlin, what have you done to our room?!" I exclaimed. I saw Arthur give me a glance, and a smirk.
"I suppose he never learned how to clean up." He stated, and I chuckled.
"Well, I tried to teach him, and I thought I have succeeded. Turns out I was wrong." I joked, making Arthur chuckle. I then faced Merlin. "What were you doing in here? It looks as if a wind storm passed through here!" I exclaimed. I then looked at Merlin's bed, and saw the book of magic right next to it. It was partially covered with a blanket that was nearly falling off of Merlin's bed, but you could still see it clearly. I looked over at Arthur, who was still looking around on the other side of the room, and then at Merlin. "Go over to him, and make sure that he doesn't come here for the next 5 seconds." I whispered to him, and he nodded, walking over to stand next to Arthur. I looked back at the book, and then at the blanket. I felt my eyes flash gold, and the blanket slowly fell from the bed onto the book, covering it completely. I looked at Merlin, who was watching me, and nodded. He nodded back, and relief washed over his face. Arthur kept looking around for a second, and then knelt down on the floor and looked under Merlin's bed. I held my breath, knowing that if I covered the book wrong, he will be able to see it. After what felt like forever, he got up and walked over to my side of the room. He quickly looked under my bed, and then behind the screen. Once he was finished, he walked out of the room, with Merlin and I following close behind.
"How long do you think it may be before you find a cure?" Arthur asked Gaius, making him look at him.
"Depends on how many interruptions I get." He replied, and Arthur nodded, looking down.
"Of course. I'm sorry." He apologized, and then looked at the guards. "We're finished here!" The guards put everything back in place, and followed Arthur out the door. Gaius followed as well, and closed the door behind them. He then turned around and came over to us.
"We have to hide that book!" He declared.
"No... We must use it." Merlin said with a slight smirk.
"Don't be stupid." Gaius said quietly, looking at him as if he was nuts.
"If we have this legacy, then what is it for?" Merlin whispered, glancing at me. "You-You keep telling us. It's not for playing tricks."
"You want to practice magic when the King is hunting for sorcerers! Are you mad?!" I exclaimed, looking at him, along with Gaius, as if he grew a second head.
"Merlin, your and Anna's lives are destined for more important things." Gaius said, walking over to another table.
"But if we don't practice, then how will I get to be this... Great warlock?! How will Anna get to be this powerful sorceress?!" Merlin exclaimed.
"There will come a time when your skills will be recognized." Gaius assured, walking over to us.
"Oh!" Merlin groaned. "When?! How long do we have to wait?!"
"Your and Anna's time, will come." Gaius said slowly, and then I realized something.
"I could cure that man we saw." I said, realizing that Merlin was right.
"I know it's tempting to use it the way you find easiest, Anna." Gaius said, and I looked at him in shock.
"Well it is if it would save a life." Merlin argued, and I realized something again. Gaius is probably right.
"Merlin, I think Gaius is right." I said, and he looked at me in shock. "It's no good just saving one person, we have to discover how this illness is spreading." I explained.
"Arthur is out there, right now, looking the sorcerer!!" Merlin yelled at me, and I started to get upset.
"A sorcerer who's powerful enough to do this will not be found searching the town!!" I yelled. Merlin looked at me, then at Gaius, and sighed in defeat.
"So what can we do?" He asked in a softer tone, and I looked at Gaius.
"Hope that Gaius can find the answer before it kills us all." I replied, and Gaius looked at me.
"I won't find the answer." He said, I looked at him. "But I hope science will." He said, and started mixing another potion. I sighed. This is going to be difficult. I then went to mine and Merlin's room, and closed the door. I grabbed the book of magic, and opened it on the page I studied last night. I took out the poultice that I was working on from underneath my bag, and then placed it in the drawer with the book next to it. I then closed the drawer, and sat on my bed. I tried to make a poultice that will cure the victims, but I suddenly realized something when Gaius said that it's no good curing just one person. I can't use it, because the magic in it will only be able to cure one person. And if I was to succeed, it would look very suspicious, and they would probably blame someone else.