Poor Merlin

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

I just finished my work for the day and headed back to Gaius's quarters. Gwen helped me a lot, so I wasn't even tired. There wasn't really much to do anyways, and all the time I was working, I chatted with Morgana and Gwen. I really liked my job. I worked with and for two of my best friends. I really enjoyed it, and I wondered if Merlin enjoyed his job as well.
Probably not.
I opened the door and walked inside Gaius's chambers. He looked up when he heard me approaching, and smiled. I returned it happily.
"How was your day, Anna?" He asked, and I smiled even wider.
"It was amazing, Gaius! It really is a reward. All the time I was working, I talked with Gwen and Morgana. I didn't even have a lot to do, so I'm not even tired at all." I told him, and he smiled at me in a fatherly way.
"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself."
"Do you know when Merlin is going to be back?" I asked, noticing he's not back yet. He shook his head and opened his mouth to say something, when I heard a clang behind me. I whipped around and saw my dear brother standing there, with ruffled hair and half of the armor on, half off. I exchanged a look with Gaius and we both chuckled.
"So," Gaius said, still chuckling. "How was your first day as Arthur's servant?" He asked, mixing a potion. I chuckled at Merlin's expression. Suddenly, he banged his head with his hand, as if trying to get something to fall out of his ear. I looked at him strangely.
"Do you hear clanging?" He asked, and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. I walked over to him and helped him take off his armor. I then lead him to the chair, and helped his sit down. Gaius then walked over behind him and started massaging his shoulders. "It was... Horrible!" He exclaimed, and I chuckled quietly. He then groaned. "And I still got to learn all that Tournament... Etiquette by the morning." He lamented, and then sighed. He looked over at something and I followed his gaze. He was looking at the book about the Tournament rules. "Onhríne achtung bregdan." He chanted, and the book moved towards him and a scroll about the different parts of the armor rolled out of it. I looked at Merlin with a disapproving look. And I wasn't the only one.
"OI!" Gaius exclaimed and thumped Merlin over his head. "What have I told you about using magic like this?" He scolded him, and Merlin looked at him.
"If I could actually feel my arms I'd pick up the book myself." He explained, and I rolled my eyes.
"Never mind your arms, what do I do if you get caught?" Gaius exclaimed, and I looked at him.
"What would you do?" I asked curiously. He just looked at us and sighed.
"Well you just make sure it doesn't happen for all of our sakes." He said and started massaging Merlin's right arm. My brother groaned in pain.
"We saved Arthur from being killed and we end up as servants, how is that fair?" He whined, and I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not sure fairness comes into it. You never know, it might be fun." Gaius said, and I nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, I love my job." I grinned, and Merlin looked at me with raised eyebrows.
"Oh, you think mucking out Arthur's horses is gonna be fun?" He said, laughing me off. He then shook his head with a sigh. "You two should hear my list of duties." He complained.
"Well, we all have our duties. Even Arthur." Gaius said.
"It must be so tough for him." Merlin said sarcastically. "With all the... girls, the... glory."
"He is the future King, people expect so much of him." Gaius said, and I shook my head, thinking about how it must feel like. I can't even imagine the pressure. "He's under a lot of pressure." Gaius said, voicing my thoughts. Merlin groaned in pain again, when Gaius stretched his left arm.
"That makes three of us." He said, looking at Gaius.
"Three?" I asked, and he turned to look at me, and nodded.
"You're in it too. You saved his life along with me, remember?" He explained, and I nodded my head in understanding.

*Late in the Evening*

After I was sure that I have everything ready for tomorrow morning, I changed into my nightgown and got into my bed. Merlin was already asleep, so I blew off the candle on the table in between our beds, and closed my eyes, falling asleep right away.