Goodbye

*Third Person's P.O.V.*

"Bregdan anweald gafeluec." Annabelle said the spell as her eyes glowed. Suddenly the spear that Lancelot was holding started to illuminate with a bright blue light. The Griffin flew towards Lancelot, but was met with the spear instead, which stabbed it in the heart. The force of the creature flipped it over the horse and Lancelot, which almost knocked Lancelot off of his horse, before landing on the ground. Dead.

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

    I felt a grin grow on my face as I heard Merlin laughing in disbelief behind me. I turned around to look at him, and then hugged him tightly. We broke apart as I pulled away to look at Lancelot, who slid up his head display and looked at us from where he was further away. His whole face was sweaty, and he looked at me with an unreadable expression. My brows furrowed in confusion when I saw him looking at me like that, but my brother didn't seem to notice as he continued to grin and laugh. However, he stopped when we heard a groan to our right. It was Arthur. He was waking up. I sighed in relief, glad beyond words that he was alright, but then quickly grimaced as I realized that Merlin and I will have to literally run back to the castle. The horses were spooked by the Griffin, and Arthur couldn't see us here. I gave Lancelot a smile and then grabbed Merlin by the arm, pulling him behind me as we ran back to the castle.

*10 minutes later*

    I opened the door to Gaius's quarters and walked in with Merlin behind me.
"Merlin!" Gwen exclaimed, getting up from the chair she was sitting on and hugging him tightly. I saw him smile and he hugged her back just as tightly. I smiled at the sight of my brother falling in love more and more with every minute and walked over to Gaius, who looked at me with a grin once he saw my relieved expression.
"You did it?" He asked quietly, making sure that Gwen didn't hear, and I nodded, breathing heavily from the use of magic and from running.
"I did it." Gaius laughed quietly with relief and then hugged me tightly.
"Thank God."I smiled and hugged him back, but suddenly frowned and pulled away.
"I'll be right back." I said, and ran out of the quarters before anyone could stop me. There was only one word that was in my mind. Lancelot.

*5 minutes later*

    I stopped running and slowed down once I reached the outside of the throne room, where I saw Lancelot with his back facing me.
"What are they doing?" I asked, referring to Arthur and Uther when I heard yelling from inside the throne room. The doors however, remained closed. Lancelot turned around to face me once he heard me and sighed, shrugging.
"Deciding my fate." He replied, and I looked at him in disbelief. How can Uther still want to punish Lancelot when he defeated the monster that was terrorizing his kingdom?!
"I'm sure they'll restore your knighthood." I comforted, but he only shook his head.  "You killed the Griffin."
"But I didn't kill the Griffin." Lancelot said, walking a little further down the hallway. I looked at him confused and followed him. He then brought his gaze onto me and sent me a smile. "You did." I looked at him for a second stopping myself from gasping and forced a laugh.
"That's ridiculous." I protested, and he sent me soft and gentle look.
"Bragdan anuell." He said with a small smile, and I looked at the guards that were standing outside the doors of the throne room worriedly. If they heard that.... "I heard you. I saw you." Lancelot followed my gaze to the guards and smiled a soft smile at me. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." I sighed in relief and smiled at him, but then frowned once another thought entered my head.
"Do you also know about-?"
"Merlin?" he interrupted and smiled. "Yes. I heard him also."
"But it doesn't matter, Lancelot. You killed the Griffin." I assured, and then lowered my voice. "I only helped."
"I cannot take the credit for what I did not do." He protested. "There'll be no more lies, no more deceit." I looked at him with a small smile and placed my hand on his shoulder gently.
"What are you going to do?"
"The only thing I can do." He replied, and turned around. My eyes followed him, and widened once I saw him barging into the throne room before the guards could stop him.I stepped a little closer, but remained out of everyone's view.
"What is this?!" Uther demanded as the guards restrained Lancelot.
"Let me speak." He hissed, struggling against them.
"Wait!" Uther ordered. "I'll hear him." My eyes widened in surprise at that, but the guards only nodded and stepped away from Lancelot.
"Forgive me, Sire." Lancelot apologized. "I've come to bid you farewell." My jaw dropped a little.
"What?" I whispered, but thankfully no one heard me.
"What is this, Lancelot?" Arthur asked, as confused as I.
"I lied to you both and now there is conflict between you. I cannot bare that burden. As you should not bare mine... I must start again. Far from here. And maybe, one day, fate shall grant me another chance. To prove myself a worthy Knight of Camelot." I watched and listened to Lancelot in shock, but pride nonetheless.
"But-... Lancelot, you've-... Already proved that to us." Arthur objected, and I smiled a small smile.
"But I must prove it to myself." Lancelot stated. "You Highness." He bowed to Uther. he then bowed to Arthur. "Prince Arthur." And then, he left the throne room and walked away. I quickly ran after him, and grabbed his arm once I caught up with him.
"So you're leaving?" I asked, and he nodded.
"Yes. I want to start again, in another place." He then sent me a gentle smile. "I'm leaving tomorrow at first light. But there are things I will miss about Camelot." I smiled as he looked at me.
"I'm afraid that we will have to say goodbye right now, Lancelot. I won't be able to see you tomorrow. You can stay with Merlin and Gaius for tonight but I will have to go to Morgana early in the morning." I said sadly, and he nodded, looking down. I smiled gently and hugged him tightly. My arms wrapped around his neck, and his wrapped around my waist. "I'll miss you." I said and let a small tear escape my eye. We pulled away and he smiled gently at me once he saw the tear and wiped it with his thumb.
"You shouldn't cry, My Lady. I am not worthy of your tears." He whispered, and I smiled, standing on my tip toes and letting my lips touch his cheek.
"Perhaps you are."

*The Next Day, Third Person's P.O.V.*

"Anna?" Guinevere called gently as she and the Lady Morgana walked into Morgana's chambers.
"Annabelle?" This time the Lady Morgana called softly. The girl they were calling for was standing by the window, watching Lancelot leave Camelot. She sighed quietly and wiped a tear off her cheek. Gwen and Morgana shared a look before Morgana walked up to Annabelle and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. Anna gasped and whirled around, before calming down once she realized that it was only her best friend. "Did Lancelot leave?" Morgana asked, and Annabelle nodded, another tear falling down her cheek. Morgana watched her with sympathetic eyes and then pulled her into a soft hug. Gwen walked over and rubbed Annabelle's back comfortingly as she cried into Morgana's shoulder.
"Yes."