Okay... You. Are. An. Idiot.

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

I ran into Gaius's chambers, completely out ob breath. Gaius looked up, startled. When he saw my expression, his expression stayed calm, but his eyes held panic .
"Anna, what's wrong?!" I held my finger up to let him know that he has to wait a minute so that I could catch my breath. After about 20 seconds, I was finally able to speak.
"Gaius... It's Merlin!" I said, and he looked at me, confused. I then started explaining. "He threw a punch at the King's son, and he threw him into jail!" Gaius sighed heavily.
"I should have expected that. He just can't stay out of trouble, can he?" He exclaimed, putting down the potion he was working on. Then, he grabbed something from the table, and started walking towards the door.
"Where are you going?!" I called, when he opened the door. He turned to look at me.
"I'm going to go and try to get Merlin out of there." He explained.
"And, how are you going to do that?" I asked curiously. He sighed.
" I don't know yet." He said, and with that he walked out the door. I sighed heavily, and slumped onto a chair. How could Merlin be so stupid?! He shouldn't even get into fights with a knight, let alone the King's son! But I still wonder why he did that. My brother might be impulsive, but he wouldn't get into a fight without a reason... I think.

*Late at night*

Gaius still hasn't come back yet, and I'm starting to get really tired. It's almost midnight for God's sake! My brother is such an idiot! Why couldn't he just walk away?! The one thing that a person like him should do, is keep his head down, not insult and get into a fight with the King's son! Right when I thought this, the door opened and Gaius came in. He looked at me, and sighed.
"Merlin will be out of jail tomorrow in the morning." He said, and I sighed in relief. "But," Oh no."he will have to be in the stocks for the whole day." He finished with a chuckle, and I couldn't help but giggle.
"Well..." I trailed off. "He deserves it!" I exclaimed, and Gaius laughed. I jumped off of the chair, and started walking towards my room. "Goodnight, Gaius!" I called over my shoulder.
"Goodnight, my dear." I heard a reply, and I smiled as I walked into the room, and closed the door. I felt my eyes flash gold, and all the candles lit. I smiled, and walked behind the screen to change into my nightgown. Once I did that, I stepped in front of the mirror, and washed my face with the water from the bowl on the dresser. Then, I put my hair down and brushed them. After I was done with that, I jumped into my bed, and felt my eyes flash gold. All the candles went out, and I smiled as I closed my eyes.

*Next Day*

"Annabelle..." I opened my eyes rapidly, and sat up in my bed. This is the same voice I heard yesterday. "Annabelle..." It called again, and I shot out of the bed. "Annabelle..." This time, I listened carefully, and noticed that it was coming from under the floor. Before I could do anything, Gaius entered the room. I smiled at him, and he smiled back.
"Get dressed, Anna. As soon as we eat breakfast we're going to get your brother." He said, and I nodded, smiling even wider. He walked out and closed the door. I grabbed my bag, and searched for couple of seconds for a dress for today. When I found the one I liked, I stepped behind the screen, and got dressed. I then walked over to the mirror and did a simple hairstyle, and once I was done with that, I walked out of the room and ate breakfast with Gaius. We ate in comfortable silence, and when we were done I quickly grabbed and washed our plates, dismissing Gaius's protests. Then, we both left to go get Merlin. Apparently, Gaius talked to Arthur and persuaded him into letting Merlin out.
"How did you persuade him?" I asked curiously, because I really thought it was impossible to persuade the King's son to do anything.
"Well, I said that he should be released since he really didn't know what he was doing, and that it won't happen again." He explained, and I nodded. That seemed possible. "I also said that if he wants to get your attention he should be nicer to your brother." I almost choked on air when I heard that.
"I beg your pardon?" I chocked out, absolutely shocked at the words that just left his mouth.
"Don't act as if it's not true, my dear child. Every single man is falling at your feet the moment he sees you." Gaius said, pointing to the guard that was patrolling the corridor with his eyes glued to me. I just sighed and shook my head, dismissing the subject. The rest of the walk was silent, since I still couldn't get over what Gaius told me. When we got to the dungeons, Gaius told him about everything, and the guard nodded.
"Follow me." He said, smiling at me, and completely ignoring Gaius, which I found very rude. We followed him obediently, and he grabbed the keys and lead us to a cell. He opened the door, and I saw my brother sitting on the ground.
"Merlin!"I exclaimed, running over to him, and giving him a hug. He hugged me back tightly, and looked at Gaius behind me.
"Y-ah... You never cease to amaze me! The one thing that someone like you should do is keep your head down, and what do you do? You behave like an idiot!" He scolded him, and Merlin looked down guilty.
"I'm sorry, both of you." He said, and I smiled. No matter how hard I try, I just can't stay mad at him for too long.
"You're lucky. Gaius managed to pull a few strings to get you released." I said smiling, and Merlin looked at me and Gaius with shock and happiness written all over his face.
"Oh, thank you! Thank you!" He exclaimed, and Gaius looked at him. "I won't forget this." Merlin said with a smile.
"Well, there is a small price to pay." Gaius said with a smirk, and I giggled. Merlin looked at me questioningly. I just smirked. This will surely teach him a lesson.