A Seer in Camelot

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

    Morgana decided to give me a break since I was getting little sleep for the past couple of nights, sleeping in the chambers next to hers and waking her up from nightmares, so I headed to Gaius's quarters. Once I stepped through the doorway, I was greeted with the sight of my older brother washing vegetables out of his hair, even though there were some pieces on his neck and upper back. I stopped in my tracks.
"What happened to you?" I asked, gesturing to the vegetables covering the upper half of Merlin's body, making him and Gaius turn to look at me.
"I spent the last three hours in the stocks." Merlin said, and I looked at him in confusion.
"Arthur put you in the stocks?"
"No." Now I was even more confused. "Uther did."
"Why?" I asked before sighing, eventually closing the door behind me. "What did you do this time?" I groaned.
"Nothing." Merlin protested defensively, making me raise an eyebrow at him. "Honestly, it wasn't me. It was Arthur's idea."
"It was Arthur's idea to have Uther put you in the stocks?" I asked, now more confused than ever, walking forward to sit on one of the benches by our dining table.
"Arthur wanted to skip patrol to spend the day with Sophia, and asked me to cover up for him. I couldn't say no. I mean, he obviously likes her." Merlin explained to me more clearly, making me nod in understanding.
"Oh." However, there was a small pang of jealousy and hurt in my heart, but I quickly shook the feeling away. Why would I be upset? Arthur is the Prince, and I am a maid. Besides, we don't have feelings for each other. We're just friends.
"But they've only just met." Gaius snapped me out of my thoughts, making Merlin look up at him from where he was, leaning down to get the vegetable out of his hair.
"I know. Yes. It must have been love at first sight." My brother said with a grin, making me look down briefly.
"Yes." Gaius replied while crushing a few herbs in a small bowl, deep in thought, before looking up with a small but worried look on his face. "I suppose it must be."

*Third Person's P.O.V., Evening*

"You seem very fond of her." Lady Morgana commented, referring to Sophia, as she leaned against one of the chairs in Prince Arthur's chambers.
"You make it sound like a bad thing." Arthur said, not looking up from what he was doing.
"Not necessarily." Morgana said. "I have just  never seen you fall under a woman's spell so quickly." She explained. And she was right. Arthur had never fallen under a spell of any women. He was always too arrogant. He would flirt with some of the Ladies of the Court when the King wasn't around, but that was it. Although Morgana did notice that even since Arthur met Annabelle and Merlin, he changed; for the better. And she could clearly see the feelings Arthur had for Annabelle, and no matter how many times Annabelle protested, the feeling Annabelle had for Arthur. Which made her even more worried; she didn't want her best friend to get hurt.
"If you're jealous Morgana, it's okay to admit it." Arthur said with a small smirk, taking off his scabbard before walking to the other side of his bed.
"Don't flatter yourself." Morgana scoffed as he took off his jacket.
"Come on. Wouldn't be the first time now, would it?" The Prince joked, taking off his boots.
"Arthur, I'm trying to protect you." Morgana exclaimed, walking over to stand next to him. "She isn't what she seems."
"Why? What makes you say that?" Arthur asked, walking over to the other side of the chambers to put away his sword.
"I just have a feeling." Morgana lied unconvincingly, not wanting to sound stupid if she told the truth. "It's difficult to describe." She struggled with the right words as she walked over to stand by Arthur's dining table. "I had a dream... A nightmare." She said seriously with a slightly quivering voice, only to look up as she heard Arthur laughing as he turned around to look at her.
"You really are very sweet, Morgana." Arthur commented with a small grin as he walked over to the table.
"Why are you laughing?" The Lady snapped, leaning on the table to look Arthur in the eye.
"You. Your feelings, bad dreams. You don't have to make that stuff up." Arthur said as he poured himself a drink before sitting in his chair. "You can tell me the truth. It's obvious you like me."
"Less and less by the second." Morgana hissed, annoyed beyond belief that he wasn't taking her seriously.
"Alright." Arthur retorted with a small smirk. "Whatever you say."
"You're intolerable." Morgana snapped, and turned around to walk away before stopping in her tracks as a sudden thought invaded her mind. "And what about Annabelle?" She asked, turning around to look at Arthur one more time. Arthur froze with his goblet halfway in his mouth, before quickly snapping out of it and taking a gulp of his wine. Once he finished, he looked at Morgana with a slightly weird look.
"What about her?" He asked nonchalantly, but she could see straight through his act.
"Oh, come on, Arthur. Don't lie to me. It's obvious you like her." She said with a small smile, walking back towards the Prince.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Stop lying, Arthur. To me, and to yourself." Morgana pressed. "You have feelings for Annabelle."
"No, the only feelings I have for her are those of a simple friendship. She's your maid for God's sake!" Morgana sighed, knowing that Arthur won't say the truth. "And the only woman I'm even slightly interested in is Sophia." Then why did it feel like he was lying to himself?
"Well then, let's hope I'm wrong about her." Morgana said shortly before walking out of the chambers, leaving Arthur to think about what she said. Does he truly have feelings for Annabelle, or is it just temporary?

*The Next Day, Annabelle's P.O.V.*

    I looked up from where I was on a bench in Gaius's quarters as the door opened and Merlin walked in, wearing only his shirt, covered in bits of vegetables from the top of his head to nearly his waist.
"Not again, Merlin, surely." Gaius said in slight amusement as he looked up from a book he was reading.
"You would think that the appeal of pelting the same person with fruit would wear off after a while but, oh no." Merlin said in slight annoyance, throwing his jacket next to me, before pouring a jug of water in a bowl to wash out the food from his hair.
"Morgana told me that Arthur wasn't at the Knighting Ceremony." I said, and Merlin looked up at me with a small grin.
"Yeah. He had to make the most of his time left with Sophia." He said, putting away the jug before leaning above the bowl and washing his hair, or at least trying.
"So you helped him." Gaius stated with a hint of disapproval in his voice.
"I'm his servant; I had to." Merlin said.
"You shouldn't have done that, Merlin." Gaius said once again, making me and my brother look at him in confusion. Of course, I wasn't fond of the idea of Arthur and Sophia being together, but what could I possible do about it? "I fear Sophia may not be all that she seems." Gaius continued.
"Why?" Merlin asked.
"What do you two know about Seers?" Gaius asked us, standing up.
"Not much. They're supposed to be able to see the future, like Prophets?" I guessed, the statement sounding more like a question as I struggled to remember what I had read about Seers in the book of magic Merlin and I received from Gaius.
"Except being an ability, those who have it are born this way. Some aren't even aware that what they are seeing is the future, and it comes to them in their dreams." Gaius explained briefly, walking around his desk to sit on another bench.
"What's this got to do with Sophia?" Merlin asked, confused, as realization flooded my mind.
"The night before she and Aulfric came to Camelot, Morgana had a dream." I said, catching both men's attention. I know I should keep Morgana's secrets to myself, but if there is any possibility that Arthur may be in danger, I have to tell the two people who can help me do something about it. "Sophia was in it." Gaius nodded, knowing what I was saying was true, seeing as Morgana visited him yesterday before she told me and Gwen about her dream. Merlin's eyes however, widened in shock.
"Before she arrived in Camelot?" He asked, completely dumbfounded, and I nodded.
"I've been watching Morgana since she was very young." Gaius said, and our attention turned to him. "And though I tried to persuade myself otherwise, I realized that some of the things she said she dreamed, came to pass." He continued as Merlin moved to sit next to him. "I kept it a secret from Uther, of course. The prophecies are too close to the work of magic."
"Do you think Morgana is a Seer?" I asked, fearing the answer.
"I don't think it." Gaius said, and I almost sighed in relief; until I heard the other three words: "I fear it."